Contactless payment failed but cannot retry with Chip & Pin

On a recent flight I used contactless payment and two days later I received a notification the payment had failed and I was to retry with Chip & Pin.

It’s not possible for me to retry the payment now and I don’t know how to resolve this issue.

Any help appreciated.

Hey there,

This is pretty standard for things like this, as the terminal on the plane isn’t connected to a network so it reconnects when the plane lands and normally depending on how you’ve paid e.g. ApplePay which uses a special token security this token will have expired for that transaction which is why you’ll see denied attempts. (I have been experiencing this since Jan with EasyJet)

I would recommend to call the airline you flew with and perhaps they might be able to take payment over the phone for said transaction. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Tom, did you resolve by contacting the airline? Were they able to retry the payment or match it up so that you stopped receiving these alerts?

I can’t be the only one who is thinking ‘well this isn’t my problem to solve’ ??

14 Likes

You also have less than zero chance of calling the airline and them solving it.

1 Like

If it were me I’d be thinking ‘excellent - free food/drink’ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep, that’s what I thought at first too.

Then I started getting this notification on my phone every other day and it’s annoying the life out of me!

Notifications from who? Monzo or the airline?

Monzo.

I don’t want to switch off notifications but can’t seem to block this one coming up a few times a week.

I’ve actually not got round to calling them, I just keep forgetting.

2 Likes

https://media.giphy.com/media/JWH857oECO0rC/giphy.gif

4 Likes