Contactless issues

Issue:
Assuming it is a problem with the card itself not a bug, but often Card readers do not pick up a contactless payment. I have noticed this not just with myself but also with many others. This is especially an issue EG when parking and contactless is the only option. Maybe the contactless chip in Monzo cards need altering?
Details to reproduce:
Device:
App Version:

Screenshots:

I’ve never had an issue using contactless with my Monzo card?

3 Likes

it’s not a perfect system it can happen with any card/contactless reader.

Maybe your contactless chip is slightly damaged? Maybe order a new card in app.

1 Like

It’s happened with different readers, on many occasions, maybe it’s only with a select few but it always works when I try a different card. Don’t get me wrong, most of the time it’s fine. Just seems like it’s not as responsive as my other cards.

well it maybe the card then you should request a new one

1 Like

I’m on my 4th maybe 5th card that i have replaced because the contactless stops working. My theory is this happened when i accidentally put my mobile phone in the same pocket I have my mobile in so i try and avoid this happening as much as possible, BUT, none of my other cards ever seem to get damaged, only my Monzo. I cannot think of anything else, but i have never replaced any of my other bank cards before contactless stops working.

I’ve had issues with a card reader not picking up contactless payments. it’s happened ONCE in 6 years using contactless payments, at a Mcdonalds, used it at a shop after lunch and it worked flawlessly - Still don’t know why it broke, but I blamed the reader as it didn’t pick up, 1. Google pay, 2. Samsung Pay, 3. the actual card

If you use contactless a lot, perhaps consider using Google or Apply Pay to mitigate the issue. You’ll also benefit from not needing to enter your PIN for every £100 you spend :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.