Coin Jar Feedback Thread

I’m just curious what sort of things you’re buying that are <£1? I wish I could find things that weren’t so expensive! The only things I can think of are individual :chocolate_bar: or packets of crisps.

2 Likes

This is the most hilarious question I’ve ever seen. I love it :joy:

Tins of beans?

99p mayo chicken?

Freddo!

2 Likes

a 10p mini pack of Haribo is my under a £ go to when I want to get rid of loose change

3 Likes

I think that this is near enough a finished product for most people. It’s just a case of changing the implementation to something a bit more clear for the average user who doesn’t browse the forum!

My only comment relates to pots in general, in that savings are far too accessible for users like me. I currently transfer funds to an external savings account so that the money is out of sight and out of mind and to introduce friction if I should want to access the money. With pots, it is too easy to transfer money back into my main account. I therefore, personally, only use pots to temporarily put money aside for a later date.

Definitely agree with this, if you just use the account and don’t go on Twitter or the forum etc etc, there’s absolutely no way you will know about this feature… Unless I’m completely wrong :rofl:

Edit: maybe this is because it’s only a trial feature atm?

So has there been a problem with a coin Jar at all? It didn’t trigger with a 50p purchase of a couple of teas (I expected it to send 50p to my Pot)

1 Like

Doesn’t work for purchases under £1

1 Like

Aha thanks. I remembered the total balance <£10 thing. Cheers!

1 Like

That’s good planning. I’ve heard of someone who opened a savings account at a Building Society which was a two hour drive away which she would need to visit to withdraw funds.

1 Like

I quite liked the idea mentioned above of having an option to round to the nearest 50p

Agreed that this needs to be grouped somehow as it has already swamped my feed.

I would also quite like it if this worked on purchases under £1 - chocolate bars, cans of coke, packets of crisps, or all the things that are 99p. Would be nice if this applied to those sneaky purchases.

Otherwise really love this feature.

1 Like

Quite a lot! I get coffee everyday, pasta, sauces, vegetables, onions etc. I do small shops so it’s quite normal to buy one off things for under £1.

2 Likes

I’ve a suggestion for Coin Jar and Pots in general. It’d be nice to be able to see all transactions in/out of each pot by simply tapping on the pot - or maybe alongside add/ withdraw/ settings could be ‘view recent transactions’.

Currently you have to return to the Home tab and either search for Coin Jar (or whichever Pot you want to view) which pulls up the required information or scroll through all transactions, which obvisouly takes time.

Any thoughts?

7 Likes

Now that’s friction if I ever heard of it!

1 Like

It would be great to see this feature integrate, in the future, with a service like Freetrade.io Could be a fee free alternative to MoneyBox!

1 Like

I wonder if it is breaking because you have used a lower case J? The logic to set it up might not be the same as the logic to deposit into it, possibly the second is looking for a ‘Coin Jar’ not a ‘Coin jar’?

2 Likes

Ibuprofen at £0.39 was my lowest.

1 Like

My online purchase juuuust about made it. :joy: 99p into the coin jar :ok_hand:t3:

5 Likes

49p filter from Prett, this is a bigger story than pots

13 Likes

Option to round to nearest 50p would be good

1 Like

Could call it a’Little Coin Jar.’

2 Likes