Coin Jar Feedback Thread

Yes! You posted that as I was writing it :wink:

Transaction has to be above £1 for change to be saved :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely not :innocent: Haha!

Yeah… I totally knew that! :joy:

1 Like

0.49 for a coffee?

I’m suprised people aren’t all over this, trying to find out where that shop is :joy:

4 Likes

Exactly what I was expecting @jdon.xyz!! That’s the whole reason I posted this :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue: (ok missed the above £1 point… thanks)

Filter coffee at pret is 99p. Bring you own cup and you get 50p discount (biggest discount I have seen) = cheapest coffee in London

9 Likes

tenor-89679131

11 Likes

Part of me feels like they might be about to get busier…

Let’s just hope they don’t reduce the discount

I think there should be the option to round up to either 50p or a £.

Spending £3.05 on a sandwich at work suddenly makes this a £4 cost, rather than say £3.50.

Be good to toggle between 50p or £1 round-ups?

13 Likes

How it works

Whenever you make a purchase that’s over £1, we’ll round up the amount to the nearest pound, and automatically add the difference to your coin jar.

You’ll see an item in your transaction feed confirming how much money has been moved.

Pret give you 50p off if you bring your own cup. 99p filter coffee becomes 49p - I do it everyday!

£1.97 :tada:

I’m a tight budget person.

1 Like

That’s definitely a good thing! I spend far too much.

Edit: My girlfriend spends far too much :rofl:

Edit: wait, have I read that wrong? I took that as “I’m good with my money and careful what I spend” that’s what I was saying was a good thing. I realised if you meant, you haven’t got a lot of disposable income, I just made myself sound like an idiot and that I was making out that I’m rich. (I’m not :joy:)

It’s a bit of both. Enforced small disposable to save for a house deposit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to add, I didn’t realise under £1 wasn’t rounded. I’d prefer it to be (I’m actually not sure why it’s not).

2 Likes

Active Card checks is the reason.

2 Likes

Is there no way of stopping that? I actually don’t get charged anything mostly when I have an active card check, and of the times I do, 99% of them are a round £1 so nothing would go into the pot.

The rare occasions it’s 1p, I’d either just happily have an extra 99p in my savings, or just transfer it back. I spend under £1 a lot more than I have active card checks that are 1p.

1 Like

TfL is used an awful lot by customers. :slight_smile: @simon would have more information.

1 Like

I’m not doubting the logic at all. It’s just the smallest of irks I have with this, but 99% of it is exactly what I wanted :slight_smile:

This is awesome! Thank you so much for making this, it has been requested a few times and the fact that you cared enough to listen and did it is incredible. So glad I chose Monzo as my bank. All I need now is the ability to send and receive international payments and I will be all set :slight_smile:

3 Likes

tenor-18488002

11 Likes

It’s a neat idea. I’d like it to do things under £1 even if it means an active card check occasionally triggers it. I’d also like it to work even when I’m under £10 :+1:

2 Likes