Coin Jar Feedback Thread

How on earth is it pointless? I’m providing feedback on two comparable features by two complimentary/competing digital only banking apps.

As a leader, you should know better that to demean another contributors posts. My feedback is valid and reasonable. I use both Monzo and Revolut, usually sticking to mentioning Revolut explicity/largely in the dedicated Revolut Feedback thread. However, in this case I do not feel my post is off topic… quite the opposite it is on topic and the opposite of “pointless”.

If there is a community guideline I broke that I’m unaware of, please do point it out. If not, go back to the vacuous Apple Pay thread & make more “insightful” contributions pal.

P.S. If you want to even go there, there is less and less that Monzo has that Revolut doesn’t.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Yeah, Revolut has a terrible work life balance expectation from the CEO. That’s a feature I hope doesn’t come to monzo.

Culture and features are two different things altogether.

I don’t think @alexs was referring to your feedback as pointless, more that every app had features the others don’t, and different apps implement things in different that suit some more, some less.

6 Likes

I appreciate your explanation. My impression is different and I do disagree with it.

The thing is I asked a question… that only needs recognition from Monzo staff. I didn’t make any demands for recurring payments, I’m just bring it to the attention of Monzo that such a feature would be welcome. I didn’t think this would be offensive but hey I’m in the echo chamber of Monzo where some community members see Monzo through rose tinted glasses and subscribe to group think.

3 Likes

I thought this too, comparison is inevitable but there are lots of features that differ between fintech banks that come at varying times based on what banks prioritise internally or what their goals are at the moment.

Monzo got slowed down loads while moving everyone over to the current account while Starling users got lots of features, but now they’re slowing down a little while they work on business accs and Monzo is rolling out more features.

Theodore only seems to make posts on this forum about how good Revolut is and their features though?

3 Likes
  1. I literally just said that usually I stick to the Revolut Feedback thread when mentioning Revolut feedback. This is a rare exception that is relevant to the thread.

2. I just replied to you over in that thread today where I said I use both Monzo and Revolut. They’re complimentary products for me. I reiterate I love them both.

3. You can’t make the excuse for Monzo, when staff say that implementing one feature doesn’t detract from implementing others. Many are worked on at the same time by different teams. So let’s not blame a slow down on CASS no matter how testing it has been on Monzo.

1 Like

I really love the Coin Jar. I just wish the feed would be cleared up, doubling up my transactions is a tad annoying. Hopefully a fix comes soon! #ExcitedForMay

8 Likes

Fair enough, it’s just an observation. I just seem to see you only pop up on posts that have to do with Revolut so it doesn’t seem like you’re as interested in other fintech banks or what features they have, so even if they might have some things Revolut doesn’t, they still wouldn’t induce you to use it.

1 Like

You can’t be serious? Only possibility is trolling.
Unless, it truly is that offensive. Can’t see that myself though. Usually, I can see another point of view. Not this time. Time for me to exit this thread I think.

3 Likes

Hello :wave:

I have removed those posts as we do avoid name calling, please.

5 Likes

Again you’re being presumptuous. I’m in the FreeTrade, Revolut, Glint Pay, RBS, HSBC, Wealthify, etc forums. Love fintech.

I could say the same for you but quite the opposite… you’re an example of a Monzo superfan. You’re their apologist from the posts I’ve seen of yours.

Deadly serious. I don’t write the rules and like I said, I’ve been flagged for less, so you’re not exempt mate. Also, trolling is an empty pursuit… it’s less value adding than my innocent post that you all took the wrong way. The irony.

1 Like

An apologist :joy: I’m hurt, weren’t we having a perfectly good debate about Monzo and Revolut on the other thread? :joy: Guess you missed all those feedback posts I made re recent features then. Anyway, isn’t that what you’re doing on the Revolut fraud thread? You were being overly defensive about a known issue that someone was trying to discuss.

5 Likes

Aha I call a truce :smile: Apologies. I only saw your latest reply after I got consumed in the nonsense of this thread. Yes, I’m only here in the Monzo community to have productive chats like the one I had with you & others in the other thread. I can’t take my apologist comment back (as the jury is still out on you) :grimacing: but please forgive me anyways.

Regarding the fraud topic, I wouldn’t say I was being defensive but just adding balance to the initial pro-Monzo/anti-Revolut nature of the thread.

3 Likes

Truce accepted, back to the other thread :fire:

2 Likes

I have two recurring monthly payments to iTunes - Apple Music and iCloud.

Strangely my Coin Jar worked for the first one today, but not for the second. I have more than £10 in my balance. Curious why this would have happened?

Monzo doesn’t round up for values under £1

8 Likes

£1000 to MoneyBox is all I see in your post :eye:… can you give us a brief summary of your experience with them so far?

Personally, I feel their USP of roundups is eventually going to be made redundant once the marketplace goes live. My ultimate request would be for Coin Jar to be linked up to Wealthify/Moneyfarm & FreeTrade.

1 Like