Citymapper Pass

Anyone else have a CityMapper pass. I have been genuinely impressed so far bar the initial launch hiccup . Wish they would hurry up and launch Apple Pay though, that coupled with TFLs eventual support for express transit will be :heart_eyes:

https://citymapper.com/pass?lang=en

1 Like

Been using it for about 8-9 months. Itā€™s fantastic especially for me as I am only travelling from Zoneā€™s 1-2 on most average days. The incorporation into Google Pay has really helped too as I donā€™t like carrying extra cards.

1 Like

Thereā€™s an existing thread where more cittymapper users will probably see it

1 Like

What was the launch hiccup?

I think two weeks in a whole bunch of the cards stopped working on mass leaving a few people stuck. Happened a couple of times I think

1 Like

Only happened once I think that was actually on city-mapperā€™s end. The second time was a Mastercard fault, but city mapper refunded people anyway as a good will gesture

1 Like

What is the supposed benefit over Oyster?

From what I can see, it is a more expensive inferior product.

Well its cheaper than pay as you go and for one, city mapper pass works with mobile wallet (GPay is now, they said ā€œothersā€ will be later).

So easier to access, can be cheaper than pay as you go, no need to carry an ā€œtravel cardā€ around when mobile wallet for my platform launches so freeā€™s up what i need to carry around in general.

They said they are bringing other benefits to the base plan, but if you do the more expensive one now you do get a good amount (taxi ride credits etc)

I received my card yesterday. :partying_face:
Iā€™m starting my subscription on Monday although I hope they hurry up and launch Apple Pay.
I went for the Super Duper one as it will allow me to stop paying for the Santanders bikes.
I also get few Kapten per week so I can use the Ā£10 easily.

For zone 1-2 itā€™s cheaper in every single way. I am fairly sure the zone 1-3 is too.

Means I get the cheapest price, while not having to lose a large sum from my account all at once, and the flexibility to pause. I used to have to get a monthly to get a comparably good deal, but then would lose value if I didnā€™t plan well enough around a holiday, or did something spontaneously.

2 Likes

Yes, if you count around 5/6 weeks of holiday in average per year you can easily save Ā£100s.

1 Like

How much is a Zone 3 per week with CityMapper?

Think itā€™s Ā£37 a week.

Even if I take 7 weeks off a year, an annual is still cheaper. So not sure how you get savingsā€¦

Well you can pause your Citymapper pass for one.

Edit: so you basically pay for what you need

Apple Pay :apple: now available to use with Citymapper pass.

To avoid extra charges - you need to indicate whether your subscription is active on the physical card or on Apple Pay.

This is to stop multiple people using the same subscription.

What I canā€™t tell - and may have missed when excitedly rushing through the sign up - is whether they can recognise the same Apple Pay subscription between two devices.

Eg. Can I use my watch most days, and if I forget it use my phone another day the same week without paying extra.

1 Like

Presumably (please correct me if I am wrong) once you remove the Ā£10 taxi allowance, that reduces the Zone 1-3 pass to Ā£27 per week. Iā€™m no expert but I think that bring itā€™s inline with the annual zone 1-3 price but with the flexibility of use it when you need it

Thatā€™s great news, I was thinking about that just this morning. Iā€™d switch over, but Iā€™m freelancing out in zone 6. Iā€™ve ended up using PAYG rather than renew my usual 1-2 monthly travelcard as i didnā€™t know how long iā€™ll be out here.

Having this on Apple Pay almost definitely means Iā€™m keen to switch.

This just made my day!

Iā€™m pretty sure that counts as two separate devices (at least it does with a normal contactless card as far as I remember.) Tapping in with your watch and out with your phone looks like two separate transactions to the system, so you get charged full price.

When I set it up on City Mapper earlier, it did ask which ā€˜deviceā€™ I was going to use (I had only added it to my phone, so only that device showed, but I assume if I had added it to my watch as well, that would also have been displayed as a ā€˜deviceā€™ I could choose.