Citymapper Pass

Looked at the T&Cs when adding to Apple Pay and it seemed to say you could only use on one in any given week.

I have added to both, but not ‘switched’ in app yet until the end of the week ofc. The wording also seemed to suggest if you had on a watch and a phone, that you could choose switch, but again, only one per week.

Flicked them an email and they said that it will count as two separate devices so you will need to stick to the device you chose to use it with.
You can change the device you use, but it won’t take affect until the following week

So it’s basically the same deal as any other Apple Pay set up - stick with the same card for all transactions. I assume the same applies to Watch vs Phone too.

Anyone who has used the credit on Kapten - I assume it doesn’t roll over or anything like that?

I’d be quite tempted by it, the only one downside is as I sometimes WFH, pay as you go is generally cheaper in the weeks that I do.

I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now with no issues. Added it to Apple Pay and is says to wait until Monday until I start using it.

Topping up Oyster is a real pain (I do it for 4 people) so have always wanted an alternative and I think the Citymapper app is just about the greatest app out there. I’m all in with them as they are innovating in this space where Oyster have got flabby and lazy. I also think they’ll bring the ability to use mass transit in other cities around the world easily - that will be a game changer.

1 Like