CIFAS marker check

(marta ) #1

When opening an account, do Monzo do cifas marker checks? i’ve got one for something so stupid but can’t get rid of it. this has affected my ability of opening a bank account hence why i am now looking at other alternatives such as this and other ones. If they do, can you let me know of any other similar “banks” like monzo that 100% or may accept people with cifas markers?

thank you so much

Paying in cheques - security
(Simon B) #2

Hi Marta - We review each application individually, so please feel free to sign up and our team will review and reach out if we need to get more information from you :slightly_smiling_face:

(marta ) #3

will signing up and being rejected affect your credit rating though?

(Simon B) #4

No, it won’t :slightly_smiling_face:

(Peter G) #5

For the uninitiated, could someone explain CIFAS and the CIFAS marker check, please?

(Peter Roberts) #6

I would also like to know this

In really short and broad terms it is a register to report fraudulent transactions to. Both perpetrators and victims.

For example, if you’re a victim of impersonation there might be a CIFAS marker advising companies to complete further due diligence before continuing with the product etc :+1:

https://www.cifas.org.uk/about-cifas/what-is-cifas

(marta ) #8

Update!

I was able to get an account with Monzo! So for anyone who has a cifas marker, you can get one too! Thanks for all your replies everyone :slight_smile: