Chat and call times are changing

I’ve never tried to call the number but have seen people claim this on the forum. I’m pretty shocked if it is true to be honest

I didn’t believe it myself either but I did try it and it cuts you off after 5 minutes

It’s scale. Legacy banks would not set this up now, but because they’ve always had such support they feel like they can’t take it away, but it will be costing them millions to answer stupid questions. Maybe they can afford it, but Monzo can’t as it currently is.

2 Likes

This just popped up in my feed.

I haven’t contacted via Chat for a while and I looked at a help topic a few days ago. :thinking:

I think this has been a thing for a while now. Here is a topic from January about it…

Maybe it’s a very delayed follow-up…

My rating wouldn’t be great, currently on day 3 and person 4, of what I thought was a fairly simple query.

Each person has just said they don’t know and will pass me on. I wouldn’t mind but each person has only sent one message each around 24 hours apart and one said please don’t reply as I won’t read your reply

I really like Monzo and thankfully have never had to reach out to them urgently but things like this do make me nervous

3 Likes

I’ve contacted Natwest on a Friday and been told that I wouldn’t get a reply for 3 days (Monday). I’d imagine because the person in the area that I was needing help didn’t work weekends.

1 Like

I read this again and again. Seems entirely unacceptable.

4 Likes

7pm at night on a Sunday for a non-urgent issue? Not unacceptable at all.

1 Like

If the app hadn’t offered the OP the option of calling, I’d agree.

If the app said call between the hours they are open, again, I’d agree.

1 Like

Why does no one from Monzo ever address the phone cutting off after so many minutes no matter how many times and in how many threads it gets brought up in?

It’s very bad service…

10 Likes

Because there is literally no defence for it and nobody wants to own up to that fact.

In fairness this is something for senior management to address, I don’t think it would be fair to expect a staff member to try and discuss it or reason with people about it.

20 Likes

Just as a heads up, I’m 95% sure that ringing up Monzo for Apple Pay to be switched on has never been supported. I believe that Monzo have to offer it as an option as Apple require it, but it just normally pushes people to back into the app.

This is also a different number/system to the support number I believe.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.