Change account number + sort code

Thanks for all the re-assurance everyone

I suppose I don’t need to change my account number and sort code after all

Is it wrong that I’m jealous of how memorable your account number is?

4 Likes

Not at all, I hate him/her already :frowning:

3 Likes

I miss my Santander one. It was so easy to remember.

My Monzo is not :frowning:

I have…

I’ve asked you to do this for me repeatedly and keep getting told no, amongst various other things. You make it sound so easy here.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that :frowning: It is possible, although only done in very rare cases. Do you know why you’re being told no?

1 Like

@HughWells Thanks for replying. It’s a very niche issue but one I can see causing a problem for me in the future when you allow international inbound payments. The bank I use to send money to myself from abroad asks for local account details in additional to the IBAN etc but drops the first 0 in the same way it would when you enter currency as £010.00. I had an issue with HSBC but they changed the account number straight away. You assured me that everyone’s account numbers were being changed anyway but then later said it was a misinterpratation of the back-end team response. I intend to switch to Monzo once you’ve sorted a few things out and didn’t want to be an issue further down the line. The line now is it’s not possible to be done.

2 Likes

You’ve really lucked out in the memorable account number stakes. :monzo:

Aw, that’s an easily memorable account number. Makes me miss the 88888881 account number I got with my starling account.

2 Likes

My starling one is semi memorable apparently

1 Like

I suppose this isn’t getting resolved

Sorry for the delayed response, I’m afraid I only check the forum as and when, if I’m not working :frowning:

Would you be able to DM me your account email please, so I can have a look?

1 Like

All done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks :raised_hands: For transparency, I’ll reach out to you via in app chat :+1:

1 Like