❌ Card not being processed on marriott.com

Hey all :wave:

I just wanted to let you know that my Monzo card wasn’t being accepted on the Marriot website for some reason. Specifically when trying to book one of The Ritz Carlton hotels. The website does accept debit cards, as my Starling card ended up working :man_facepalming:. I’m full Monzo, so don’t use Starling, but on this occasion I was glad I had it.

The site kept saying I needed to enter my ‘credit card’ details correctly. I’m wondering if they’re blocking the Monzo BIN or something? Would be good if Monzo could get in touch with them and confirm this issue.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Is it a known issue? Thanks in advance for the help :slightly_smiling_face:.

Their website says credit card only so might have taken the Starling card accidentally. Think you’d need to contact the company about this

Clearly says debit / credit card :thinking:

God knows then. FAQs say one thing, another lot of faqs don’t mention payment at all and then that says something different

You can definitely use debit cards for Marriott hotels as I’ve booked many many times using my Monzo card on it. Seems strange to see this, so I suspect it’s not a general block.

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:

They might say that, but I literally use Marriott for 50-60 stays a year and I’ve always used a debit card, both Monzo and otherwise. Including a stay just last week.

Also worth noting that in the US I have noticed they say ‘credit card’ to often mean any payment by card, not specifically those with credit functions.

It would appear then, that the solution would be to stay somewhere that isn’t Marriott :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Same here, my Monzo Business card didn’t worked at Marriott Moxy hotel London

Can I ask, was there a decline in your transaction feed, or did it not get that far ie the website just rejecting it?

You can email acceptance@monzo.com with date, time, merchant information etc and someone may reach out to the hotel group.

Could just be a case of Marriott updating their BIN database across all their brands.

1 Like