I cannot verify and confirm the account name for a non-Monzo UK bank account because the account holder name is longer than the length value permitted in the Monzo app.
Details to reproduce:
I want to transfer money to my non-Monzo bank acount I hold jointly with my spouse. I know the sort code and account number. I have transferred money previously so the entry already exists for me to choose from Payments > Recent.
- Choose the bank account from Payments > Recent
- Hit [Send]
- Leave the details unchanged (they’re reasonably accurate but they will warn in the verification process). Account type is Personal. Accept the “I understand” warning. [Next]
- Receive the “Details don’t match account” flag. Note the account details, which in my case are a total of 53 characters
At this point I can either
5a. [Continue anyway], but the account will remain unverified within the Monzo app, and I have to jump through the reverification screen each time
5b. [Back to details], to try and update the account name. BUT I CAN’T DO THAT because your limit is 50 characters and the target account name is 53 characters.
- Allow me to verify an account and confirm that even though the details don’t match I really know what I’m doing so you don’t bother me with extra screens each time I make a payment to this account
- Increase the maximum permitted account name length
On direct request from a Monzo email address