Can you stop being desperate with the £10 referral bonus?

I think so! I don’t see why we wouldn’t. It would be cool to see how many people used the offer compared to regular golden tickets. Speaking personally, I know about 6-7 people that told me they used my referral link. And that’s pretty high considering damn near everyone I know already had an account before that :joy:

7 Likes

I would guess they would be very happy with 10% of a billion :slight_smile:

• Its the same for all banks figures I suppose the likes of revolut with 3 (?) million users, how many are “active” users , how do you classify “active” - I would suspect none on revolut have their salaries paid in, are they not then classed as “proper” customers ? Starling have how many “active” customers ? , because Ive opened the Starling app in the last week am I then classed as an “active” Starling user ?
5 Likes

nobody is claiming they have a billion though :slight_smile:

any idea how many European users is " quite a few "

2 Likes

are Revolut making money ?

Hasn’t Revolut just raised again ?

any idea how much they’re making ?

2 Likes

Here’s their latest stats:

1 Like

Is it really that bad? :flushed: I can’t think of a single bank I have used that hasn’t sent me marketing that I haven’t asked for. They all do it, but I just see marketing and chuck it straight in the bin. Not think, :scream: time to switch banks! Lol seems like a slight over reaction to me, but everyone’s different I guess.

7 Likes

Just because everyone else is doing it doesn’t make it right.
I think doing marketing on the basis of legitimate interest rather than consent is problematic to start with, but then not having granular control is even worse - lots of banks now have this. I can turn off marketing on the Natwest app, for example.

4 Likes

Push notifications turned off as a result of this!

Kinda defeats the point for me in having Monzo if I don’t know when/where my card has been used.

13 Likes

Was replying to @anon54358022 :wink:. If I turn notifications off as they suggest I lose one of the biggest draws for me in Monzo.

12 Likes

I think the point is we shouldnt have to choose one or the other :-1:

Heres to hoping after this backlash theyll rethink this form of bombardment marketing with their own customer base

1 Like

Just need a marketing toggle in our profiles somewhere.

Click

Problem gone.

My concern would be how much time it takes. As I think the toggle should be in place before the next ad campaign.

I think this has been a fairly negative reaction. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone is tasked with it first full week back.

This campaign has annoyed me too due to it feeling “excessive”. I wonder if it falls into the FCA’s Treating Customers Fairly rules. If this was a lending promotion, could so many channels be used to target a message to a customer?

2 Likes

That is a little extreme. You honestly feel you have been treated unfairly?

I agree the number of communications has been a couple too many I would say but that seems a little over the top to compare it to be treating unfairly.

18 Likes

Relevant:

A marketing toggle introduced to the (Android) app so those of you above feeling a lot more strongly than I about this will have easier options than before

4 Likes

The thing is I would to test what it blocks and what it doesn’t ( for context none of the stuff Monzo has done bothered me at all) :joy:

I would want the newsletter and info on crowdfunding, just not notifications to ask me to notify people I know of anything.

3 Likes

Marketing toggle now added to the latest iOS TestFlight build too. Great to see that feedback is being taken on board so quickly.

PNG%20image

8 Likes