Monzo for Android - Beta Channel Changelog šŸ•µ

Just tried to use shared tabs from the transaction screen, itā€™s created it but the only way I can get back to the shared tab is via the transaction screen again.
Are shared tabs collected anywhere else? I expected them to be listed on the payments tab

Payments > Request?

1 Like

Well I feel like a fool :flushed:
Thanks!

1 Like

To be fair Iā€™d be a bit stumped if it was the first time Iā€™d used Share Tabs from the feed. :grin:

Haha thanks that makes me feel better :blush:
Not sure where else Iā€™d put it though to make it more obvious. I missed it because I wasnā€™t requesting money in my mind, I was just splitting the cost, though now I say it that makes rather little senseā€¦
Itā€™s a brilliant feature though, I use Splitwise with my friends but have to remember to settle debts after weā€™ve transferred money. This is all in one :ok_hand:(though only with other Monzo customers. Working on getting all my friends on board!)

In the intermission between this and the last version, @emmag rolled out ā€œAdd notesā€ to transaction notifications :hot_coral_heart:

(borrowing @16bitkieranā€™s image :innocent:)

Todayā€™s the day, 2.28.1 has landed :tada::tada:

This update brings many exciting features - including a fan favourite :eyes:
ā€¦ A customisable app icon :heart_eyes: This came and went due to a bug with multitasking back in version 2.19.0 (2.19.1 swiftly arrived to disable the selection)

Iā€™ve gained an icon since the last time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Now I can see a shiny golden investor icon :wink::money_mouth_face:

Some other exciting features include:

Snowy app! :snowflake::grin: Just give your phone a shake and watch the magic :tada:
~~It's a Monzo-ey Christmas šŸŽ… - #11 by nexusmaniac

Snow was teased but there is none :eyes:

Opt out of marketing is a new toggle :blush:

The people have spoken and Monzo have added it :tada:

A known bug :bug:

Just to head off one known issue: if youā€™re using Shared Tabs 2.28.0, some of the additions require all members of that tab to be on 2.28.0 (if theyā€™re on Android - they can update at any time, your tab will stay fine, but in the meantime, itā€™ll look broken for them on 2.27.0).

This wonā€™t affect too many of us (hopefully) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Besides, if nothing goes pear shaped, this version will be shipped out to the masses next week :tada: 2.27.0 wonā€™t be around for long :yum:

7 Likes

This one deserves its own post :grin:

Send Money to Anybody :money_mouth_face:

image image image image image image image image image

This is the entire flow of ā€œPay Anybodyā€ :wink: It was very quick and easy to complete.

Once you open the link youā€™re greeted with the following :stuck_out_tongue:

(Right, if you donā€™t copy the link thereā€™s no way to get back to it :man_facepalming:)

With a new link createdā€¦ Hereā€™s the retrieval flow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

image image

(Or you can sign up to Monzo)

Very neat feature! :sunglasses:

14 Likes

I think the thing Iā€™m impressed by is the marketing toggle given the negative response recently. I hope people will be less grumpy now. Do we know when it goes live?( Iā€™ve got beta channel so Iā€™m not that bothered).

I doubt that Monzo intentionally left it out :grin: But Iā€™m also happy that itā€™s been added - gives people the choice :hot_coral_heart: (without bothering COps)

The setting resides in ā€œAccount -> Profile -> Settingsā€ :smiley: Hope that helps :boom:

I found it easily :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, quite a lot of changes there! Loving the ability to change icons.

Have to admit Iā€™m a little disappointed thereā€™s been no update to the payday frequency / day choices in summary view.

2 Likes

I.e. more than ā€œMonthā€ & ā€œ4 Weeksā€? :slight_smile:

Youā€™d be best off requesting that over here:

Think itā€™s been mentioned already in the official feedback thread :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, ā€œfirst Monday of the monthā€, ā€œlast Friday of the monthā€ etc. etc.

As well as weekly, fortnightly and 3 weekly (not that these are ones relevant to me)

Iā€™ve been vocal on that thread already! I was just hoping there would be the surprise of these options being looked at in this latest release :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m frankly aghast that this vital feature has yet to return this year!

3 Likes

Love that Beta icon :heart_eyes:! Wish we had it on iOS.

1 Like

Soon! ā„¢ļøšŸ˜‰

3 Likes

But at least on iOS the Beta colour does seem to match one of the colours in the :monzo: logo:

Do you know if you have to have a certain version of Android to be able to have custom icons?

1 Like

Iā€™m unsure, it works on the latest version of Android (9) but I canā€™t say how far back itā€™ll work :see_no_evil:

Which version of Android are you running? :grin:

Iā€™m on 8 and itā€™s working there.

If youā€™re using a customer launcher (like I do), you may have to do some extra wizardy to get it to work, but if youā€™re using the standard launcher (home screen app) that shouldnā€™t be a problem