Can you pass British Citizenship test?

I passed my test about a year ago before finally applying for British Citizenship. I really felt uncomfortable with the whole process, it was patronising, felt degrading sometimes and the test itself was just so out of touch. I just saw that certain Harry’s fiancé will have to pass this so I thought lets what people think of the test.

Guardian link below to check your grasp of Britishness :slight_smile:

Guardian test is mostly about Royal fmaily but you can have go at the link below if you want to challange yourself bit more :smiley:

http://www.lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/test-1/

I took a mock test of it once. Failed, even though I was born and have always lived in Yorkshire. If I recall it was mostly about history, which is not my strong suit.

You got…
2/12

You’ve no hope of marrying into royalty. Eternal serfdom for you

60+ and English - my history knowledge has faded from my head!

I have done mine a few years ago, not even people who are born here will know the answers to certain questions. I would not want to do it again tho.

I got 4/12 but then we never did British History atschool in the 80’s. If it happened before WWI I don’t know much about it :frowning:

You got… 8/12
More of a jack than a king, you need a bit more practice to make the leap into the royal family

wahey

my boyfriend is a naturalised citizen - he knows a LOT more than I do

Failed the first 2, read the next 2 questions though nah mate and closed the page therefore I failed :joy_cat:

Results

13 of 24 questions answered correctly

Your time: 00:03:53

You have reached 13 of 24 points, (54.17%)

1 Like

I took a look at the first 3 questions, wrote ‘I am a fish’ 400 times, then fainted.

1 Like

Not a chance. If I did manage to fluke it I wouldn’t be prepared to swear allegiance to the queen so probably I should be chucked off this little rock.

1 Like

Results

16 of 24 questions answered correctly

Your time: 00:03:31

You have reached 16 of 24 points, (66.67%)

19/24 (79.17%) Time: 2mins.

Some of the ones I didn’t know were fairly easy to guess

You have reached 15 of 24 points, (62.5%)
Average score
0%
Your score
62.5%

Failed You FAILED the Test!

If they expelled everyone in the UK who was unable to pass the test, they’d need a bloody big boat :grinning:

1 Like

You’re ready for your oath or pledge now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oath:
“I, [name], swear by Almighty God that, on becoming a British
citizen, I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her
Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors
according to law.”
Pledge:
“I will give my loyalty to the United Kingdom and respect its
rights and freedoms. I will uphold its democratic values. I
will observe its laws faithfully and fulfil my duties and
obligations as a British citizen.”

Nope. Not swearing to that.

2 Likes

I choose to Pledge when I went for this weirdest ceremony ever…

18:24 so I passed. But ridiculous questions. Who cares when the war of the roses started? Or when Great Britain separated from the mainland?

And I’m with anarchist on the oath.

2 Likes

19 of 24 questions answered correctly (79.17%).
Your time: 00:01:50

The questions were a little patronising or irrelevant to what you’d need now. I doubt most Brits would know the answers to all of them, but foreigners taking the test would be expected to know the full history back to back :woman_shrugging:t2:. I dedicate most of my right answers to the Horrible Histories books I enjoyed reading as a child.

Yeah sure i’d swear to that. I’m a monarchist so that’s all fine with me :wink: