Graph/pulse data in Current Account

Hello

So I’ve been using the CA since attending the preview event last Thursday and I now have some data in the Home/Spending feed screens. However, the pulse graph at the top of the screen just shows on the Home screen the Account Balance and Spent Today. There is no scrolling graph.

Can someone let me know if I should be seeing a graph, or is this functionality not working in the Current Account app yet?

Thanks.

Assuming it is there, you need a whole months worth of data.

2 Likes

As Ben says, I’m assuming that the behavior’s the same as the prepaid app’s -

to be clear, that’s a full month starting on the 1st of the month until the end of the month, as opposed to 30 days of transaction data between any two dates.

OK - so from 1 September I should see the graph then?

If you only got your account on the 3rd of August, you won’t see the graph until the start of October I’m afraid.

OK - thats actually potentially a lot of data with no graph - maybe this is something that needs looking at for the future as that is now as good as two months of data if it is from 3 August to 1 October!

It would also mean the “forecasting” forward of direct debits and scheduled payment would not work and you are left without an accurate picture of what is available in your account for quite a time - that may not be useful for most people.

1 Like

Here’s the thing… when we get to a stage where prepaid and current accounts are merged, you will have all the data already. Not sure what the plan is for new accounts though.

2 Likes

I think that is where the “issue” will end up being. Someone gets a new Monzo CA on 4 September can cannot see any graph data until 1 November - based on the previous comments that suggest that would be the timescales…

1 Like

My pulse graph is now showing on the current account app :blush:

Have been using my card since the first launch on 20th July, so it looks like needing a whole month of data (August) was the correct assumption.

I was on the fence about the Pulse, but not having it made me miss it, so thrilled it’s back.

1 Like

Pulse is back on mine too. Knew it’d be the 3rd after a full month of transactions, so have been counting down the days. Pulse is essential.

1 Like

It’s pretty much useless for me currently. Being self employed my pay dates aren’t the same month to month. Was getting used to not having it and now it’s back. No big deal as I have a large screen so it doesn’t use up much space to be totally honest.

The only thing it will be useful for (for me) is when the pulse can show future transactions which I assume isn’t just yet by looking at it this morning.

This is where I personally think there is a flaw in the “release” of the pulse/graph.

I started using the CA on 3 August following one of the London events. This means I go through the whole of August and the whole of September until 3 October before my pulse/graph is available. 60 days of data and transactions, with no way of being able to look back a previous balances etc.

I think a better approach would be one month from when the first transaction is made within the app, therefore in my case it would be effective from 3 September and not 3/10.

1 Like

My guess is that the team doesn’t want to do this because the graph for the 1st month then looks like this -

but personally, I don’t think that looks that bad :man_shrugging:

Edit

I don’t think the above answer’s Nick’s point. It might explain why the team doesn’t switch the graph on as soon as the user’s made their first X transactions though.

I know what you mean. But there is nothing to say someone starting using an account on 1 August is gong to have that many transactions come 3 September - so it depends on users. Maybe it should be a minimum of 1 month and 50 transactions. Or just 50 transactions. Or just be on all the time regardless.

My graph triggered after a couple of days on my Beta pre-pay card, and nothing on that graph looked odd or out of place, as if it had triggered too early. I have found the wait of 1.5 months too long.

2 Likes

It’s particularly unfortunate that a large proportion of Monzo users probably sign up just after pay day at the beginning of the month (please don’t reply to say that’s not when you get paid) so they receive their card on the ~3rd & have to wait almost 2 months for the Pulse to switch on.

I have asked Hugo about this again recently.

My pay is also irregular - not the same date each month - but I still find Pulse useful for viewing running balance and daily spend quickly.

What was the reply to this?

Just got my own personal sneak peek by winding the date on my phone forward…

:grin:

I know how to party :tada:

7 Likes

What did you do and what did you see?