Can i use Monzo bank statement for Tier 4 student visa application

Hello, Everyone please i would like to know if the UKVI (UK Visa and Immigration) accept Monzo Bank statement for tier student 4 visa application. I appreciate your response in advance. Thank you everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Probably a question for UKVI rather than us. Monzo provide statements just like any other bank, what are the requirements?

The requirements are to have a certain amount retained in a bank account for 28 consecutive days but the type of bank isn’t specified

This is the only requirement from a statement? Not stamped or anything else?

If so, I don’t see why it won’t be accepted. You can simply export this yourself from the app :slight_smile:

Yeah thats the only requirement i was just asking because Monzo bank is an online bank and was wondering if anyone has used its bank statement for visa application

Monzo might be an online bank but they’re licenced just like any other bank. I’d contact UKVI to be certain but there should be no difference at all.

1 Like

There some information here

Specifically

If you are given an electronic bank statement from an online account

• it must include the information above
  • there should be a supporting letter from the bank on company-headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

You can get a stamped statement by contacting Monzo in app.

There really is no such thing thing as an “online bank” there are ‘banks’ and then there is every other business. We should really stop using these distinctions that don’t actually exist in the marketplace.

4 Likes

:rofl: Monzo keep theirs under 24/7 security, with lasers no doubt.

Still can’t believe stamps and signatures are still considered valid in proving anything. :man_shrugging: Even asking for statements seems a bit silly. Hopefully with Open Banking you can do this electronically soon? :thinking:

1 Like

Do you have a home bank account? Usually they like to see the money available in your home country. Not only to check that you have funds to support yourself in the UK, but as a check that you’ll be going back after your visa expires. If all of your money is in the UK it doesn’t really support that.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.