Bill Pots Payments Clogging up Feed

I’ve had a quick look to see if this has already been posted but couldn’t see anything so apologies if it’s a duplicate.

I love the ability to pay from pots and have all of my bills coming out of one pot but I do not like it when a payment goes out, it has a credit for the amount in the main feed underneath the debit amount. On the 1st of every month, my feed is just clogged up with the name of the pot underneath each payment.

I thought it would make more sense next to the company name before the debit amount it just states “paid from…”. Or have it as an option?

2 Likes

It’s been mentioned quite a lot and it’s in the works to change.

If you have/have seen how a virtual card works, then there’s plans to have direct debits etc work in the same way.

But other than “soon” there’s nothing really else anyone knows.

3 Likes

Appreciate the reply, thanks Revels.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s how the current incarnation of the mechanism works. Nothing is actually paid from your designated Bills pot(s). The payment is paid from your main account - but - just before it is, the same amount is transferred from your designated Bills pot to the main account. So the main account feed shows both the credit (moved from the pot) and the debit (outging payment) in the main feed. So the main feed does look cluttered, but is accurately showing what happened.

I personally like this mechanism. If for whatever reason you don’t have enough in the pot, the bill is still paid (assuming you have enough to cover the amount or shortfall in your main account)

I think once we have the ability to spend directly from pots (this does now work with Virtual cards on Plus/Premium) then the main feed will be decluttered. But then you’ll have at least 2 places to look for a transaction - was it done from the main feed or was it done from a certain pot? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve seen more than one post on this, and I’m in the same boat. I have 9 direct debits and standing orders, 18 entries a month really does make the feed cluttered - it’s difficult to see the transactions I’m actually interested in! Only an additional 2 bills use the virtual card, which I’m a big fan of.
It’s perfectly understandable how the mechanism works, but I’m sure, being in software myself, that a tweak to the front-end would make a world of difference.

1 Like

I would like to see the pot transfer information hidden inside the actual DD/SO transaction details in a sub-section called ‘Transfer’.

You could even have 2 bits of info - ‘Transferred from Pot’ and ‘From Main Account’ which would show if there was any shortfall in the amount allocated in the pot.

Is this still the case? Puts me off doing it, as I have 14 direct debits that go out on the first!

Yes.