Barclaycard App Advice

(Brandon Billingham) #1

I often try and pay my Barclay card bill prior to the direct debit as I only use the card for work expenses. So when work pay me, I pay the card.

The Barclay card app is pretty basic and seems to detect the Monzo CA card as a Maestro Card. It forces you to enter either an issue number or start date. I just entered the date I got the card as the start date and it was all accepted fine. TLDR; it works but you have to lie to it.

Barclaycard
(MikeF) #2

Ah, useful I gave up trying to use my card with the app since it was getting me nowhere. I didn’t try the extra data entry.

An 00 or 01 issue number often works too on some sites.

I can confirm that an 01 issue number worked with the Barclaycard app.

Wish I had tried that before I used the telephone system (which didn’t ask for a start date or issue number at all).

(system) #5

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello,
I’m unable to add my Monzo card to Barclaycard. System recognises my Monzo card as Maestro and asks for issue number or start date. Any advises? Thanks!

(MikeF) #7

(MikeF) #8

The posts above suggest that using 0 or 1 as an issue number along with the date you got you debit card should work.

I haven’t tried it yet.

Just setup a direct debit on barclaycard using my monzo details and it didn’t ask me for an issue number or start date. So it seems they might have updated their app!

(MikeF) #10

I thought it was only the Debit Card payments that asked for that. Direct debit setup was OK from what I remember.

All credit cards accept direct bank transfers Niue, don’t they? Much easier than a card