Banking on iOS 16

don’t restart your phone… Since I did that this morning, Monzo doesn’t work (both TF and AppStore)

3 Likes

Monzo works fine here :eyes:

1 Like

Works fine for me too, have you tried delete/re-install?

And thanks for the heads up about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

that fixed it for me :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

Barclays Video Banking, NS&I and Tandem all work on Beta 1 by the way (yet to update to beta 2). I’ll change the wiki in a bit if I can remember

3 Likes

If you had spotlight issues they seem to be resolved. Searching for apps actually return results quickly.

3 Likes

HSBC still not working, because they’re dicks

4 Likes

Wasn’t sure if I’d updated my bank details at work in time, and was panicked because no access to First a direct online without secure key.

Thankfully moved to Starling :joy:

1 Like

Yes, at least HSBC now allow multiple devices, so if you activate a second device with your phone before upgrading, then keep the secondary device on a released version of iOS (or even the 15.6 beta, they seem to only block new “major release” betas) then it will work.

First Direct totally lock you out, though, because you can only register your Digital Secure Key on a single device.

Of course you can still use telephone banking as an absolute last resort to transfer money to another bank if you need to get to it (and this is quite easy at HSBC with automated telephone banking working for exisitng payees, but First Direct you obviously have to speak to someone instead so it’s more long-winded).

Now I’m on beta 2, Cynergy Bank Authenticator seems to work - it may actually have worked on beta 1, as I didn’t really test it properly - I just expected it not to work as it was flaky and seemed to crash on launch.

2 Likes

That statement is basically a lie by omission, in my reading of it. There must be code in the app which specifically says “don’t run on anything above iOS 15.x” and they modify that to say 16.x for internal builds which they then perform “extensive testing” on internally. Meanwhile, everyone else is running the standard public builds which, of course, don’t work as it still says 15.x until the magic “code alteration” update is pushed out just before public release.

I don’t buy their denial at all! Especially given that last year they seemed to unblock it and then block it again - it was like they had accidentally allowed the unblocking update to sneak out early, and as soon as they realised they panicked and pushed out a quick patch to block it again.

4 Likes

Just upgraded to iOS 16 and really like the new notifications interface.

3 Likes

They look nicer at the bottom of the Lock Screen and the way you can swipe them up.

2 Likes

I like that plus the new Lock Screen.

2 Likes

I wish I could save the edited photo - as I think the Studio effect in Low Key looks nice

1 Like

It’ll only work when they update their app. It won’t suddenly work in a new iOS beta. I’m so glad I switched fully to Monzo.

2 Likes

I do like being Full Monzo as well, I just wish they’d allow the app on the Mac App store, since they don’t seem to want to bring full internet banking to personal accounts

I get it, Monzo is supposed to be a Mobile only bank, but so was Starling and they have it

3 Likes

Nutmeg, PayPal and Wise all confirmed as working on the public beta. Have edited the first post.

Edit: Hargreaves Lansdown as well.

1 Like

Does anybody know if the Stock Events dividend monitoring app works under iOS 16?

NatWest app not working on iOS 16 for me…