ATM withdrawal - No money came out but cannot dispute in-app

Hi,

I’ve recently withdrew money from an ATM in Greece, I didn’t receive any money but I got charged nevertheless. Now, I’m trying to dispute the transaction but it looks like there’s no way to do so in-app. When I click on the transaction’s ‘Something wrong? Get help?’ button there’s the option to report fraud (card on the top) and then there’s the ‘I tried to use an ATM but no money came out’ card but there’s no option to dispute the transaction. Also it seems that the in-app chat option has disappeared. Does anyone know if there’s some other channel i could use to dispute this tx? Any help appreciated.

1 Like

Hi,

Search the app for ’ contact us ’ there should then be an option to open chat.

What’s wrong with the “I tried to use an ATM but no money came out” card? Surely that in effect will allow you to start a dispute but not necessarily named a dispute. It’s a particular type of dispute. Often things have a particular flow to collect all the information needed without needing to go to the chart and that is likely one of them.

thanks, i’ll try that

1 Like

Same problem! App does still not have a dispute option! I will never use Monzo again if they do not fix this! Is been all this time without the option and now before i raise this into a formal complain i have to wait another 8 weeks!!! How the Monzo app does not allow transaction disputes?? I have the same problem, >7 days pass and the option does not show up!

I also had this happen in Bali, no way to dispute and when I asked on chat was told to delete and reinstall the app. This didn’t fix it and now nothing is being done…

Also opened a fraud report after it appears my card was cloned and they’ve been nothing short of unhelpful!

1 Like

I raised a formal comllain, im just waiting for monzo to come back to me in 4 days. Nevertheless if doesnt happen i took print screen of the chat and will raise this dispute to https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain

Its ridiculouse! Monzo apl just added recently a option to dispute a cashback but canot add a option to raise a dispute for failed atm withdraws??? I saw posts here since 2020 year! Its amazing the inconpetence! Will never use this bank again!

Well: the complaint clock starts from when you logged it, so it’s 56 days/8 weeks you can go to the ombudsman if it’s not resolved before then.

1 Like

Are you on Android or iPhone? For me on Samsung phone, if you click the ATM transaction, then “something wrong, get help”, there’s an option for “did the cash not come out”. I used this once a couple of years ago for an ATM in London that didn’t dispense, and got money back quickly