Approving a card payment in the "other" account

Hi Monzo… I made my first payment online today and was impressed with the secure authorisation notification that came up on my phone - much better than using passwords etc…

But when I tapped into the alert (on Android), it had vanished, and I didn’t know what to do. There was nothing in the app, on any of the tabs. I quit it and started it again, but still nothing. This was very confusing…

THEN I realised that although I’d used my JOINT account card, my app was still pointing at my personal account. I switched accounts and then found the notification waiting to be approved.

It would be really helpful if the notification switched to the correct account when tapping into it as my first impression was that it hadn’t worked and that I was stuck… I won’t get caught out again, but new users may well do in future. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This has been raised a few times so I’m sure it’s on Monzo’s to do list :slight_smile:

1 Like

I reported the same bug here:

I noticed this a few weeks ago, but it still seems to be an issue :slightly_frowning_face:

As has said this has been raised lots of times now however I can’t find the best thread to merge this in to at present :face_with_monocle:

Thanks all - I wasn’t sure what to search for :confused: But glad it’s known about.

1 Like