Apple Unleashed Event

Tap the Apple for a cool AR experience! Then come back here and speculate!

6 Likes

New Mac stuff.
New AirPods.
Services update

1 Like

I reckon

• Apple TV
  • Mac
  • AirPods with new colours
  • Environment update
  • HomePod
  • AirTag 2
  • New iPhone 13/Pro colours
  • New case colours
  • AirTag colours

No chance of new iPhone colours, Becky.

3 Likes

They normally release more in November/March such as product red etc

It launched in product red.

1 Like

New colours and non-flagship updates are typically mid-cycle launches.

IIRC the purple iPhone 12 launched at the end of April this year, and new colours past alongside SE refreshes have typically been in spring too.

I donā€™t see them getting a new colour so soon after launch. Likewise I donā€™t see AirTags 2 happening this soon either. Especially as an accessary. I see those being updated about as frequently as the Magic Mouse or the pencil.

2 Likes

Basically anything that requires Apple to have multiple manufacturing lines but wonā€™t increase sales is a no-no

I reckon thatā€™s why they stopped iPhones in so many colours too ā€“ itā€™s too costly to manufacture a bajillion different colours for them to then only sit in stock when not enough people buy it

I presume this one will be primarily Mac focused- new hardware with MacBook Pros, new software with Monterey and new services with Xcode Cloud.

Maybe AirPods too.

1 Like

Youā€™re optimistic!

I would say that Apple TV, HomePod, AirTags and new iPhone colours are zero chance.

Iā€™m going

• New MacBook Pros (14 + 16)
  • New high end iMacs (maybe)
  • Other minor announcements
3 Likes

All I saw was a camera view with a few random blue lines - is that the cool AR experience?

Oh, and some annoying music.

(/me waggles his walking stick in Appleā€™s direction)

1 Like

Walk into the lines!

That doesnā€™t appear to make any difference. I just walk around seeing the same occasional blue line overlaying the camera view. This is on a 13 Pro Max.

You should see an apple logo and the date of the event fly by you!

Oh right - no, not seeing that. Iā€™m probably holding it wrongā„¢

1 Like

I fancy a pair of AirPods Pro, so maybe an update version of those will drop the price of the first gen ones :+1:t3:

:joy: that x marks the spot youā€™re holding it wrong event is one Iā€™ll never forget! Got a free bumper out of it!

1 Like

Working now - not sure what was happening before!

1 Like

Hope they announce the M2 MacBooks!

Due to get M something upgrades at work next month so fingers crossed!

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably go for the Apple car. If thatā€™s not announced, then I guess a new MacBook.

1 Like