App not updating

https://www.google.com/search?q=staged+rollout&oq=staged+rollout&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.2276j0j0&client=ms-unknown&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

From reading the comments on here it would appear the server side flag for the update should have run through everyone by now. My app (android) is updated to version 3 but i’m still awaiting for the server side flag to be switched on. Has there been some issues that have slowed down the switchover?

Any more updates on the timings? The first 2 million took 2 days but I am still on the old version. Been really excited about getting the new one as I think it looks great, just want to get my hands on it! A mix of excitement and impatience I think.

1 Like

Best that we know on here is that it was meant to have been completed by Friday. Maybe the blip on Thursday slowed things down a bit. Can’t imagine it’s too far off though at the rate they were going

Hi Adam. Welcome to the community!

As per my other comment just now, it had been expected to have completed on Friday, so probably not far off

People with business accounts seem to remain on old layout for now

Just a normal current account and still no sign. Have tried the usual app triggers like force stopping and clearing cache

1 Like

The switch-over of all Personal/Joint accounts is reportedly to be completed by Tuesday (tomorrow)

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Sadly I still don’t have the new update. I’m on iOS

Just updated today from the Android Play Store. STILL THE OLD APP. This is really frustrating as my other family members have the new version. As usual, try and ‘chat’ with support…hours of delay.

Do you have a business account?

Same with me!

Same here. I am attaching my support chat response:

Hi, No, just personal and joint. I was previously running the Beta s/w, Could have something to do with it???

Cheers for sharing the chat screenshot. Quite a typical response!

I happened to me the same. I was running the beta on labs and then disappeared and I was not longer able to have it. Best

Hey all,

There are a few reasons why someone might not have the updated app navigation yet. Some are already mentioned, but I’ll run through them all for posterity:

• If you have a Business or US account The apps aren’t yet ready to support these account types in the new structure. The work to get them ready is in progress, and we hope to have everyone moved over in the next month or so.

• If you use a screen reader We did some accessibility testing and decided the new app structure isn’t accessible enough yet for people who use screen readers. Where possible, we’ve prevented those with screen readers from getting the new navigation. We’re adding some improvements to the apps this week, and will repeat our testing before rolling out to this group of users.

• If you opted-in via Labs, then opted out again during a very specific time window Just one of those things that happens when you do these big migrations. There’s a small chunk of people who our scripts missed out on, we’ll enable the changes for them next week.

• You’ve not signed in to Monzo for a while, and are using an old version of the app Another one of those loose ends, we’ll tidy this up next week

• You’re in a small, random test group Whilst we did run tests with the new navigation before rolling out, we need to make sure there aren’t longer term negative consequences. To help with this, there is a small group of people who will get the new navigation a couple of months later. We want to keep this time window as short as possible (as it’s frustrating for customers, and there’s a big maintenance cost to supporting two app layouts), but it’s very important that if we see any big issues, we can rule out the navigation as a cause.

If you are unsure what’s going on with your account, please contact our support team in-app, and they’ll be able to answer your specific questions.

I hope this helps clear things up.

:bowing_man:

10 Likes

Hi. I’m still on the old design. I was using Monzo labs version before the app update so I guess that the reason for me. Any news about when people like me will have access to the new design ?

Best

The best thing to do here, would be to drop a message through your in-app chat. Someone can take a look and spot if it’s a weird glitch or if you’re possibly in the small test group :pray:

That should then give more of an indication of when you’ll be switched over :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks. I really appreciate your answer. However, I have contacted Monzo via chat and very answer given is different. I just updated to 3.2 and I am still on the old design :frowning: cheers