App frozen

My app appears completely frozen. I cannot interact with it at all and removing from the switcher and reopening doesn’t seem to resolve it. Are there issues with the app today?

So the app was either remaining frozen or crashing on the Monzo screen. I overwrote the app with the TestFlight version and that seemed to work. Did the same again with the App Store version and it seems to be working normally again. No idea what the cause was :man_shrugging:t2:

I have the same thing, although with the TestFlight version of the app.

The App Store version is the same (1.19.24) so download that and hopefully should come back to life.

The app is frozen again this morning. I cannot interact with it at all. @BethS are you aware of any issues?

I am not, but I will raise it. Can you email help@monzo.com at all?

Hey @Frankiejr :wave:

I’ve had a look at your account and related logs, and can’t see anything obvious that would cause your app to freeze.

I know you’ve already deleted/reinstalled to switch from TestFlight to standard build - but have you tried to reset the session as well?

To do a session reset:

• Force quit the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up on the Monzo app.
  • Go into the settings of your iPhone and scroll down until you find Monzo.
  • Under “Monzo Settings” toggle the “Reset Session” switch.

The app will prompt you to login again at the next launch.
See if this fixes it.
If not, please do send an email to help@monzo.com (ideally from the email address registered in your Monzo account) referring to this topic, and specifying your iPhone model and the iOS version you’re running - we’ll take another look. Hope it helps!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I have done this now and the app is working. Seems to be an issue first open of the day. So will let you know tomorrow.

2 Likes

Are you still getting this?

I am not but it coincided with 1.19.25 coming out so I am no longer on the version showing the issue. There is another thread with a similar issue though.

1 Like