Anyone sold items to Music Magpie before?

I sold an old iPhone to them last week and today they emailed me saying they’ve sent me my money and I will receive it today. I just wondered if anyone has received funds from them before and how long they take to actually be deposited into your account?
Thanks!

1 Like

If they said you’ll get it today, you’ll get it today. They send money via Faster Payments.

4 Likes

Never personally I don’t think, but their refunds most likely go in batches at certain times of the day so hopefully by end of day you should receive the payment.

1 Like

I don’t know what Faster Payments are but thank you :blush:

1 Like

A faster payment is similar to how you’d pay your friend or family member through the banking system :relaxed:

2 Likes

thank you for your help!

2 Likes

It’s a regular bank transfer that goes through instantly (most of the time). As opposed to them sending via BACS, which takes a couple of days.

2 Likes

This

2 Likes

Have used music magpie many times in last few years, never had any bother with them, in my experience money will arrive exactly when they say it will.

I’ve sold a couple of mobiles through them over the past five years, and was surprised at how smooth it went - and the fact they quoted (and paid) significantly higher payments than their competitors.

Anybody want to be my refer a friend, looking to send something to Music Magpie and they’ll give an extra 5er and £5 to whoever refers.

Need a name and email address, dm it to me :slight_smile:

Has anyone tried their kiosks to drop a phone off at and get paid instantly?