Android Pay comes to the Monzo current account!

@alisufyan I’ve read the blog post. It says “just tap with your phone wherever contactless payments are accepted” it also claims that it works at H&M. My experience is that it doesn’t.

This shouldn’t be the case. If you do have issues I’d recommend contacting Monzo support to see what is coming through their end and then talk to the merchant.

I saw that, but when use a different card on android pay I would still like the notifications…

Starling bank offer this option though.

Maybe once launched, but this is all still beta testing at the end of the day. Don’t treat it like a completely launched and polished product. The more they can launch (and iOS still has some features the Andriod App lacks) on any platform, the more they can test and refine.

Meh. What about Apple Pay!

1 Like

What about it? You do know what a NDA is don’t you? Well Monzo has signed one so Monzo can’t talk about Apple pay. (All banks sign a NDA with Apple at the start of the process when looking to launch Apple pay.)

The process can take many months. So all the when when when when posts will not and can’t be answered by Monzo. All we know it’s it is being worked on and it will be coming. I don’t know when it will be ready and neither do Monzo.

1 Like

I’m waiting for someone to ask when the iOS app will get Android Pay for reasons of parity…

8 Likes

Why not? I’ll have to reply to that question it will happen when Android gets Apple pay! :wink:

Someone should ask that on Starling forum as well as:

When will Android and Apple get Fitbit Pay?

and

When will Starling get an app for the Sony Ericsson P800?

1 Like

Classic! If I only I had a Starling account…

This is awesome! I’ve just set it up now - can finally use Android Pay (no thanks to Barclays…)

Congrats to Monzo, and thank you again for inviting me on the current account!

2 Likes

Question: There is a virtual card number with android pay. I have my plastic monzo card linked to my TFL account, will my Android Pay tap in/out be linked to my TFL account? i.e. Can I tap in with the plastic card and tap out with Android Pay?

No treated as separate payment methods.

This is the TFL advice

Yes this is Apple pay but TFL won’t treat Android different.

1 Like

For clarity :smiling_imp:

1 Like

In response to everyone moaning about this, as an Apple user myself I say this:

There’s plenty of other banks out there, if you’re not happy then I’m sure they’d like your custom. But you certainly won’t get as good of a customer experience!!!

I’m sure Monzo are working hard behind the scenes on Apple Pay but as already explained they CANNOT speak about this until it is launched. Just be patient, it will be with us when it’s ready. It has absolutely nothing to do with what phone has more percentage of the market. This is Monzo wanting to release features as soon as they are available, and I 100% back that.

4 Likes

How do TfL know to attach the journey to my real card number, if they only get presented with the virtual card number?

I presume they have some agreement to allow them to link the accounts.

If you use your plastic card and android pay they are treated as separate tickets and show up separately in the TfL account as different cards with the same last 4 digits listed as in the plastic card.

You’re absolutely right. I’ve now worked out that the problem was Card Clash (a contactless card next to the phone). Apologies for the misleading comments about problems with AndroidPay. It works fine if you keep your phone and cards apart - duh! :grimacing:

2 Likes

They don’t, that’s the bit that Android/Apple pay does. There’s a Monzo Moments video that helps explain it somewhere on here.

Or did you mean on journey history?

Yes, how does TfL know that a journey I have taken is to be added to my Monzo card journey history, when they only see the device card number, and not the real card number?