Contactless Apple Pay

Hey All,

Thought it would be a brilliant integration to add my Monzo card to apple pay so I can pay via my watch or phone. Don’t know if this feature is out in the US but says the card is not supported here in the UK for now :frowning: Would this be a possible future integration?

Cheers,
Marco

4 Likes

Hello and welcome!

Apple Pay will be available some time after current accounts are launched. Please see here:

Thanks!

Hey Marco,

Apple Pay is definitely on the cards (excuse the pun!) It’s a lot of work to integrate with our payment system, and as we will be switching to an in house payment system after we launch as a bank, we’re holding fire until then to get the ball rolling :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey, sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn’t find anything on it that easily.

Both current accounts and NFC payments are in the same general timeframe on the transparent roadmap, do we know if they’ll be ready to launch with current accounts or will that be a later addition once the rollout itself is sorted?

Hey Alex

That’s not a problem :slight_smile:

I’ve moved your question here as hopefully Naji’s last post answers your question. My interpretation is that Monzo will only start work on NFC payments once the current accounts have launched, although technically they are working / being tested now…

Since both platform’s Pay feature are on the same card, I’m assuming this applies to Android Pay too.

Rather than an assumption is there any post from Monzo confirming what is happening with Android Pay? or just as the Android app lags behind the iOS one are they planning to release Apple Pay with Samsung Pay following later?

1 Like

Hey, thank you! Yeah, that’d be my interpretation too. Cool :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Topic continued here Apple Pay - Any updates?