[Android] - Misleading text in Pot - banks transfers to other banks can be made from Pot but main account balance deducted

Issue:

Pot contains a button to ‘Pay from this Pot’ but it doesn’t pay from the actual pot, it pays from the Main account
Details to reproduce:

1. Create a Joint Account and transfer cash to it
  2. Create a regular pot from the joint account and transfer money into it
  3. Ensure Joint account balance is £0
  4. Click on the new pot and take note of the balance
  5. Drag screen up until the button ‘Pay from this Pot-Money will be withdrawn from this pot’ is visible
  6. Click on the ‘Pay from this Pot’ button
  7. Click on the ‘+’
    Expected:
    Balance at the top of the page should be the Pot balance
    Actual:
    Balance at the top of the page is the balance of the main joint account which is £0
    I can continue to set up a payment eventhough balance is £0
    Suggestion: ‘Pay from this Pot-Money will be withdrawn from this pot’ button is misleading

Issue 2

1. Create a Joint Account and transfer cash to it
  2. Create a regular pot from the joint account
  3. Ensure Joint account balance is in credit
  4. Click on the new pot
  5. Drag screen up until the button ‘Pay from this Pot-Money will be withdrawn from this pot’ is visible
  6. Click on the ‘Pay from this Pot’ button
  7. Click on the '+
  8. Add new payee or existing payee detials and click next
  9. Enter details of amount to transfer etc and click submit

Actual:
One off payment is made from the Joint Account

Expected:
One off payment is made from the Pot balance

Android
Device:
Samsung s10
App Version:
Android 9
Screenshots:

I think this is user error? Or at least user misunderstanding.

Pay from pot is for bills such as direct debits, it doesn’t work for any other type of payment at the moment.

It looks like a bug to me, or at least really bad UI. The button described as ‘pay from this pot’ doesn’t do anything of the sort. All it seems to be is a shortcut to the scheduled payments screen.

Even if you select ‘pay from this pot’ then select a direct debit nothing will happen, because it hasn’t recorded your instruction and just acts as if you’d gone to the scheduled payments screen directly.

Suggestion… remove the button until the functionality works as described.

That’s far enough, but at no point does the button say that its only for Direct Debits - it’s not made clear to the user. As @TonyHoyle mentions the screen goes to Scheduled Payments which is completely confusing.

Apart from the screen where you turn it on?

This is Labs. Super early user testing. Text issues will get cleaned up.

1 Like

I can’t take a screenshot becuase the security policy stops me. But it’s not that button, its’ the ‘Pay from this Pot’ button thats in the Pot itself, thats the button that I mean has no indication its related to direct debits’. Plus when you click on it, it loads Standing orders as well as direct debits

Ah, I see it (pots on the carousel view and scroll down)

Yeah, I guess it’s because it’s still in labs and will be cleared up before full release