Android Dev Update

Yaaaaaaaay! :mondo: :heart: :sparkling_heart:

Hi guys! Great job with the Android app! :slight_smile:

Compared to iPhone, there are some useful functionalities missing (e.g., spending reports): is there any expected timeline for those?

Thanks!!

In the next three months according to the public roadmap :slight_smile:

https://getmondo.co.uk/blog/2016/05/27/transparent-product-roadmap/

36 votes at the moment.

Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

Need help! I saw an update in the app description on Google Play, thought that my app simply did not update because I was leaving beta to leave feedback and then come back (that happened before at some point). Uninstalled it and installed it back, but then when I tried opening it it would immediately say “Unfortunately Monzo has stopped”. Doesn’t do anything else at the moment… =( Who should I talk to?

My Android App is running running fine. Not sure if you have resolved the issue but have you tried to ‘Force Stop’ the app, uninstall it, restart the phone then reinstall the app? That may help clear any issues etc and start it again.

Hey Marija! Sorry about that :slight_smile: Bug fix incoming this morning!

@tristan Why is this thread not being updated now? I mean after every push to Play Store Beta Channel shouldn’t this be updated?

2 Likes

Looks like the ability to pay has landed in the beta version on the Play Store :slight_smile:

Yup, just waiting for friends to also download it!

3 Likes

I had no idea quite how ‘beta’ the android app was… Unlike many of you following it for a long time, I read some review online, went to play added it, and (after the running card image) had a card almost instantly… Hence I kind of thought it was far less beta than it may be.

Have to say well done !!

Also… Why did I not know there was a ‘beta’ version of the beta :wink: Just set that in play…

We’re not updating here because it’s now public :slight_smile: So when we release new features, there are blog posts, tweets etc. just like with iOS releases. For those of you on the beta, we’ll continue to be as descriptive as possible in release notes :smiley:

2 Likes

New payments looks good. My wife has monzo, so it’ll be a game changer to be able to send her money instantly* - she just shows up as ‘Invite’ though, so I’m not sure it’ll work yet - I presume when it’s working it’ll change to ‘Pay’ or something?

• Faster payments exists, but that’s no help when (a) my banks website doesn’t work on mobile, and (b) her bank takes 7-10 days to show payments.

on the iPhone the other person had to “enable payments” on their phone to appear in my list of payees, try sending her a pound :slight_smile:

• Im sure it would now be a similar process on Android

Well she doesn’t have beta so won’t be able to enable payments. Seems odd you have to enable outgoing payments to receive inbound ones though. I’ll look forward to testing when it goes live.

3 Likes

bear in mind I don’t have an Android phone so I may be giving you duff info :slight_smile: but Monzo are trying to get to feature parity - so I would imagine they will work in a similar format

Had a (Monzo) friend send from iOS to Android instantly the other day.

Is the long term plan to achieve parity with the iOS version?
I saw a friend use the budgeting functionality (set weekly / monthly) and it looks really good!

Yes there is :tada:

@Nate yes! We’re working hard on that one, especially now the Android team has some additional firepower! The focus right now is on core banking features, nothing visible within the app. At the beginning of the year we promised regular and timely updates the the Android app, and I think we didn’t do too bad delivering on this promise up to now :innocent: Once all the above has been completed and we’re ready for current accounts, the focus can shift back to adding features and functionality into Android app.

7 Likes