Advice on Monzo error

Hi guys. I’m new here, but been with monzo a couple of years. Little background… I tried to set up a new payment contact so I could transfer money to them, but for some odd reason it wouldn’t work and was telling me to check my Internet connection (which is absolutely fine). I contacted monzo and after a back and forth they advised me to uninstall the app and reinstall. I did just that. But then it still wouldn’t work. So off I go to chat again, back and forth etc. Then the advisor sends me “I’ve blocked your card as a precautionary measure”. I simply wanted help with a transfer and suddenly they’ve blocked my card. For the last 2 days I’ve been desperately trying to get this sorted but they’re passing me from person to person. I’ve called many times. Nobody is helping. I can’t access my money. I can’t do a food shop or pay for anything. The advisor on the phone can’t see why it’s been blocked. I’ve spoken to at least 10 people and nobody is helping. I don’t know how they can do this. Has none else had this or a similar problem before? If so, how was it resolved?

Thanks

How bizarre!

Can you report the card lost in the app? That should trigger a new one being sent.

Does not make sense as to why they would block your card for a simple bank transfer, did you not say anything to then as soon as you saw that comment?

Also the agent should have ordered you a new one at that point.

Weird. I’d imagine that if they’ve blocked your card, they’ll be sending a new one (though they should’ve mentioned it if they were).

Maybe they’ve noticed that your account has been compromised, somehow?

Can you still access the app?

Yes. I was straight on to them about it. Then I was getting nowhere so rang them. Then they said it will be sorted shortly after we ended the call. But it wasn’t. Then they said it will take 24 hours. That time came and went.

The woman I spoke to on the phone has been through all my messages and looked at my account and transactions and can’t think of the rationale behind it, but at the same time was unable to sort it herself. Ive asked about a new card and they said my current card will be fine when it’s unblocked.

Compliance is always a bottleneck. It sounds like something has been triggered on your account and no minor minion will be able to sort it until it’s gone up the chain.

Thanks for your replies. I spoke to them on the phone and via chat again last night. Also the phone and chat again this morning. It has now been sorted but nobody seems to know why it was frozen in the first place. The customer advocacy team are going to get in touch with me.

1 Like