Adding bank account to PayPal (Monzo)

Are you able to transfer money to your Monzo debit card?

No sorry, I just meant for making payments (not receiving). But my bank account was added, before my card, back in 2017, and it was recognised fine then, so PayPal should definitely know that Monzo is a bank now!

Bank and card registered no probs with PayPal

Both added via the app

I have tried on an off over a period of several months. Never been able to get it to work.

Were you ever able to get this to work? I canā€™t add my Monzo bank account to Paypal eitherā€¦

The Paypal account is probably 15 years old, my Monzo debit card is added and Iā€™ve used it for purchases via Paypal, but when I try to add Monzo as a bank account (either to withdraw funds or to set up a direct debit for my Paypal Credit) it gives me the following error -

Capture

Iā€™ve tried multiple times, no luck :expressionless:

Thanks

1 Like

I added the monzo card and my monzo bank with our issues PayPal sent the code for both right away and link ok nit try to take money out of PayPal yet but I have payed with card and bank fine no issues

Hi, in the end I had to ring PayPal and explain and they were able to sort the issue. They basically cleared certain problems their end and I was able to add it with no issues.

1 Like

Ive had no problems with Monzo and Paypal, linked it via their website without an issue.

Hello! I found a solution!

Firstly make sure you are using a PC not a mobile device.

In paypal go to ā€˜Add a funding sourceā€™ then follow the on screen steps, this will then add your bank account (Sort Code and Account Number) to PayPal - from there you can do all the usal stuff you would usally do!

Iā€™m having this issue it wonā€™t register my bank account itā€™s registered my card but I canā€™t withdraw money to the card. Is anyone els still having this problem? Iā€™ve tried the internet and app on my phone and Iā€™ve also tried using my internet on my laptop

1 Like

Anytime itā€™s adding Monzo to anything itā€™s the bank sort code that causes the issue

Make sure it is 04-00-04

I use Monzo on my PayPal account

I added mine about a year ago and I did it using the PayPal app where it says add new card the only problem Iā€™m having with PayPal is trying to change my new home address as a primary address and delete the old one

you need to add long number from your card and then wait for verification code (4digits) and then you get verification code from your card statement you car add your card. Not need account number or sort code simply add your Mozo card hehehaah

I canā€™t believe itā€™s been almost 2 years since this was posted and this issue is still going on. I recently just got a Monzo USA account and I canā€™t add my bank account to my PayPal account. PayPal told me itā€™s a bank compatibility issue, not an account issue. This is the only account Iā€™m having issues adding my banking info to. So frustrating! :angry:

And yet I have zero issues, suggest you either contact Monzo in chat or just keep trying not and then.

PayPalā€™s systems are antiquated and they donā€™t always work there and then

The original poster had a Monzo UK account; Monzo USA wasnā€™t available 2 years ago. While the nameā€™s the same, Monzo UK and Monzo USA operate in different countries and face different issues. Iā€™d suggest talking to PayPal or the Monzo USA customer service.

I talked to both PayPal and Monzo and thereā€™s nothing either can do.

Thatā€™s all they said?

They didnā€™t give you a reason or anythingā€¦ sounds odd :confused: