Add Payees Easily

Thanks for the clarification!

Can I just ask what purpose the contact add button server at the top right of the screen (android)?
Screenshot_20190114-150041~2

I believe it’s a preview of things.

This is pure speculation on my part. But I think you will add a contact, then create a payee based on a contact. This way you can edit names, pictures etc easily using the ‘native’ ways in iOS and Android.

That would be the way to go about it.
At the moment it does nothing besides opening androids native contact app and creating a contact. Nothing happens afterwards.

On iOS, it does successfully create a contact. But nothing in Monzo itself. I tried creating a contact with the same name as a Payee with a photo, but doesn’t seem to work either.

Looking forward to seeing it all working once it’s finished.

Same in android.
It does create a contact but no change in the monzo app after that.

1 Like

I think the purpose of that button is to add someone’s phone number who has Monzo (with Payments with Friends enabled) to see them as a Monzo to Monzo contact.

The reason I think this is the Monzo to Monzo contacts are based on phone numbers of contacts in your phone book

1 Like

Oh, that would make sense and yes, I think it gets it from the phone number, as someone I know started using monzo and their picture appear on my contact list.

That does make a bit more sense however still a bit misleading :slight_smile:

The payments screen still confuses me. Maybe I am just too old for Monzo, it’s not intuitive to me at all.

5 Likes

Agreed. The reference defaulting to their name is pointless. I know their name and they know their name lol :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Can we add payees yet without having to pay them first?

2 Likes

Not yet :cry: I can’t wait to sort out my payees.

1 Like

Me neither :frowning:

1 Like

If you are adding account to a person then yes.

Adding an account to existing payee?

Yup.

Annoyingly all I want to do is add a payee so I can stop using my legacy account to occasionally pay them but because it’s so infrequent i’ve yet to bother doing it through my monzo account

2 Likes

Any update on these @Jami?

19 Likes

Still no updates? :thinking::flushed:

2 Likes

They have a habit of starting things but then moving on to something else before it’s finished :neutral_face:

9 Likes