Account Closed with Balance

I put a request in to close my Monzo bank account yesterday. It was closed without any confirmation notice over chat and I wasn’t given an opportunity to transfer out my balance from my account.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the money out of my closed account?

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #2

email help@monzo.com - with your details / account balance where you want the remaining balance paid to etc presuming you now don’t have in app chat - seems strange that you didn’t go to an ATM to withdraw the remaining balance before closing it :slight_smile:

(Scott) #3

My guess would be that Monzo would send you out a cheque in the post maybe? Not sure why you wanted to close your Monzo account as I love mine, but each to their own :blush:

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #4

from prepaid card s T and Cs

1. Redemption

You can redeem all or part of your balance by calling us on 0800 8021 456 up until the date that is 6 years after the expiry date shown on your card. We will transfer any redeemed funds into a bank account which is in your name. We may request proof from you of the account name.

but having closed the account I would imagine you need to give your balance on the closed card (proof ??? ) and your bank details where you want the balance paying to :slight_smile:

(Rika Raybould) #5

Prepaid card balance refunds back to the card used to top up are an automatic part of the account closure process, though as with all card refunds, they can take a week to fully show up. :money_with_wings:

You can always email help@monzo.com or use in-app chat if you haven’t deleted or logged out of the app yet and ask us to confirm the balance refund though. :slightly_smiling_face: