Account Closed with Balance

I put a request in to close my Monzo bank account yesterday. It was closed without any confirmation notice over chat and I wasn’t given an opportunity to transfer out my balance from my account.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the money out of my closed account?

1 Like

email help@monzo.com - with your details / account balance where you want the remaining balance paid to etc presuming you now don’t have in app chat - seems strange that you didn’t go to an ATM to withdraw the remaining balance before closing it :slight_smile:

My guess would be that Monzo would send you out a cheque in the post maybe? Not sure why you wanted to close your Monzo account as I love mine, but each to their own :blush:

1 Like

from prepaid card s T and Cs

1. Redemption

You can redeem all or part of your balance by calling us on 0800 8021 456 up until the date that is 6 years after the expiry date shown on your card. We will transfer any redeemed funds into a bank account which is in your name. We may request proof from you of the account name.

but having closed the account I would imagine you need to give your balance on the closed card (proof ??? ) and your bank details where you want the balance paying to :slight_smile:

1 Like

Prepaid card balance refunds back to the card used to top up are an automatic part of the account closure process, though as with all card refunds, they can take a week to fully show up. :money_with_wings:

You can always email help@monzo.com or use in-app chat if you haven’t deleted or logged out of the app yet and ask us to confirm the balance refund though. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes