A sneak peek at an upcoming campaign for the new Monzo

Features like bill pots, new navigation and getting paid early?

5 Likes

killing me simon :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Erm… yes… that is the whole point of this article and what every company known to man needs to do if they want to be successful.

4 Likes

Looking forward to next week :grinning: (I think lol)

I keep wishing for an iPad and Apple Watch app lol

3 Likes

Bill pots makes budgeting easy by keeping payments aside and lets me focus on enjoying myself :heart:

1 Like

I hope the new feature is shared pots :upside_down_face:

You really want your quote to be used in the marketing material :grin:

2 Likes

How could you tell? Haha :wink:

1 Like

With all the hype built up around this new feature I hope it lives up to expectations :laughing: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Evangelist.

16 Likes

Can we please reorder Pots soon though please Simon… please.

9 Likes

It’ll be the ability to distribute income automatically to pots :wink:

4 Likes

With all due respect, folks that post here aren’t really the target market for this campaign, because by default you’re already up to speed on what we’re doing.

Most people don’t know about Get Paid Early, Bills Pots, or the reasoning behind the new navigation yet. What we’re doing with this campaign is connecting all the dots and deliberately recasting our narrative and value proposition in the public sphere, since a lot of people still have an understanding of Monzo based on our past, and not our present and future.

46 Likes

Anymore clues to the secret feature?

1 Like

Yes, it makes sense. From the information available about the campaign, it seems fairly consistent; I read this as telling the story that Monzo is all grown up and now ahead of bricks and mortar banks in a number of crucial areas. I’m not sure that “all your money, sorted” is full tied to the grown-up and safe message, but again I have very limited information.

Does the target audience know the history of Monzo as a startup and do they need convincing that its a serious bank. As opposed to an audience who might only need to know where you’re at right now. I don’t know if the intention is to target people who are brand aware but holding out, or still running their other account, or whether its to target green customers and raise awareness.

My guess would be that older Monzo customers need a lot of social proof from their own cohort to change a habit of a lifetime, and to depend on a device and their eyesight (there’s an idea). 750,000 people turn 16 each year so maybe that the “first account” iGen market is a better play.

I’m not sure what sort of impression I would have, assuming you mean as someone who is not already a customer.

Cheers.

4 Likes

I reckon the feature is paying bills early

2 Likes

I reckon the new feature is paying/being paid to/by people abroad.That’s why the new tag line is ALL your money, sorted.

I did wonder about that, for example to save mortgage interest, but if the lender then took the usual DD as well a couple of days later, you could have a serious cash flow problem!

For all my money to be sorted, you would need a credit card, mortgages and a comprehensive trading account (not like Freetrade which only offers the most popular shares). Of course, these could be on the marketplace rather than the balance sheet.

1 Like

While I like the idea of the tagline all your money, sorted. and without knowing what this secret feature is… I’m not convinced it works yet for Monzo.

From the tagline, I get the positive impression that you are aiming to be a serious mature bank.

Unfortunately, the reality doesn’t match this yet with key features either missing (cheque imaging etc), chargeable (depositing cash) or that too many components are shipped/launched as a MVP and then either left in that state or chopped and changed radically with amazing frequency (Monzo Points/Plus) with customers used as live guinea pigs rather than having ‘proper’ alpha/beta testing of features and functionality like a ‘mature’ bank should - to justify the tagline. Even the introduction of SCA was done at short notice, giving customers only a few days to update their app or else the service would stop working.

That, combined with the CS issues raised here recently are doing Monzo no favours and given I recall Monzo saying they are struggling to recruit CS staff fast enough, does it really make sense for another advertising campaign now?

I hope this is seen as constructive feedback from a shareholder…

5 Likes