If we’re not mistaken, version 4.0 of the Monzo app will be with us soon.
If we assume that Monzo is going straight from 3.99 to 4.0, then the big, shiny, round number release is likely to land for beta/testflight customers next week, with a full roll out the week of 20th September 2021.
Of course, that might well not happen, but as a bit of weekend fun, I thought we could have a go at guessing what might be in a big 4.0 release!
This - of course - calls for a poll. I’ve tried to include things that we know might be on the cards to see what the community thinks a big 4.0 release might include - and a few curve balls too!
And sorry business and US folk: this is aimed at UK current accounts!
What’s going to make the cut for the 4.0 release?
- Credit pot / buy now pay later product
- More / improved savings providers
- An eating out discount card as part of Plus/Premium
- Pay directly from pots (including Bills Pots)
- Virtual cards linked to pots
- Add virtual cards to Google/Apple Pay
- Web interface
- Plus/Premium for joint accounts
- Formal launch of Trends
- Pot view in Trends
- Budgeting in Trends
- Trends will actually show spending trends!
- Dark mode
- Fitbit Pay
- More connected account providers
- Another paid tier to go alongside Plus/Premium
- UI changes / a new look
- Direct pot to pot transfers
- A new search - including across connected accounts
- A unified feed (see all accounts/pots in one place)
- Overdrafts for joint accounts
- New Plus/Premium features
- Investment integrations
- Mortgage broker in Monzo
- Something else (tell us below)
- There won’t be a big bang update
Disclaimer! Monzo hasn’t really done big bang mega releases before. While there are signs that they might start going in that direction, we really don’t know, so let’s not get our hopes up (too much)!