A case for an iPad app or web-based login?

I thought I needed it but I haven’t yet. It’s not like legacy banks where you need web access to do the majority.

I would be “I wouldn’t use it”. Anything that would be ready only, I’d use any API. anything for write access, trusted / monzo

Exactly! Also they have not addressed the issue (as far I am aware) of paying in cash and cheques (e.g. the Ryanair still gives compensations using cheques). Monzo is great but is great as 2nd bank account.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Just wanted to make sure you see the update we just published about our plans for the year to come

I’m going to try giving monthly updates this year, so everyone knows what’s upcoming, what’s changed etc.

Let me know what you think :smiley:

3 Likes

Brilliant! Back to the transparency we love and know! Good work!

1 Like

I have an N26 account, and unless their app has some significant updates and UI changes before launch, then I’m personally not sure you’ll feel that way when push comes to shove.

This is me speaking as someone who enjoys and appreciates Fintech, and less as an employee of Monzo.

N26’s app is good. I like what they do. They have some great ideas and follow many of the same paths that we do. But, it’s a little too minimalist and utilitarian for me, and if you look at some of the things written in the “heart vs head” topic, I’d personally argue that N26 is closer to what people have written in there about Starling. I have a Starling account too, and in terms of “feel” they are closer to each other in what they do than either of them are to us. Both apps have an audience, and a potentially huge one, and I wish them success. However, I don’t think it’s the same audience for us necessarily because the focus and appeal is different.

Just to show that I’m not just blindly proselytising my own employers, I’d also state bunq (from Holland) as an example. I have an account with them too, and find them a lot closer to what we do. For me, they have a similar, somewhat intangible friendly delightful vibe that makes you feel a bit more emotionally connected and in willing control of your finances, which is where I feel we sit, and have felt that way since before I began to work here.

Lots of space in the fintech world, but I don’t think the arrival of N26 here will trigger any sort of mass exodus from any existing UK companies, particularly when the approach is so different. Sure, there will be some moving around in the early adopter crowd, but that’s only a small percentage of our userbase, IMO.

6 Likes

yep bunq do have the same vibe as Monzo and similarly an active community

How long do you think it will be before we see an app for Monzo on tablet devices?

The idea for 2018 is to make it easier to see where our money is going and how to control it… so why not take advantage of a bigger screen!?

S

2 Likes

It would be great if we could access our Monzo account via a web site in addition to the mobile application.

I may be one of the few people who do not carry their phone with them at all times.

3 Likes

Currently unable to access my Monzo prepaid account due to home button and Touch ID failing on iPhone and Monzo offering no other way of me accessing the app. :frowning:

Did you not try Jamie’s suggestion when you raised this in the other thread? Or deleting and reinstalling the app? Seems there’s a solution to your problem. I don’t think a one-man protest to not upgrade is going to change the development priorities or security model Monzo uses. :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately I am unable to upgrade my Monzo prepaid account that is on an iPhone that has subsequently suffered a failure of the home button / Touch ID that means I’m locked out of the app.

With no other means of accessing Monzo, I’m not sure how to upgrade the account?

Whoa, steady on old chap. I’m not protesting.

I have raised it as an issue. No, I’ve not had the chance to jump through hoops to make it work.

I’m making no demands; I have highlighted the difficulty.

1 Like

It was this that sounded like a protest, since there are other means, you just haven’t tried them yet. Cancelling at the TouchID prompt and re-logging in is no more of a ‘hoop’ than if you were able to log in on a different device. Also, if you have an iPad you can use the app on that. I did this when my phone was broken for a couple of weeks over Christmas.

2 Likes

Wasn’t there a topic, somewhere, about people getting shouted down for ‘criticising’ Monzo?

I’ve highlighted an issue. I believe it is a valid issue as some others agree. I’m not criticising nor making demands. I’ve had difficulties that I’ve highlighted as feedback. The product is in beta and I understood that feedback is welcomed, therefore I find some reactions to be disappointing.

I shall try reinstalling the app on the iPhone, or the iPad method you suggest. These are ‘hoops’ to jump through as they’re not as easy as logging onto a website, for example.

At the end of the day, Monzo wants people to migrate from the prepaid account to the current account. To do this successfully they’ll be wanting to make it as easy and as seamless as possible. When you have obstacles in the way, people are less likely to upgrade.

1 Like

Well, this is odd.

I’m having my posts deleted immediately after I’ve submitted them or whilst I’m editing them. This is disappointing.

Your posts are here Johnny. Not being deleted.

Well, that would explain why @jzw95 thinks that I’m on some sort of crusade when all I was trying to do was make a contribution.

I thought it hadn’t worked and that I attributed to dodgy internet connection and all the time they’re being moved somewhere else without my knowing.

1 Like

@anon70107404 Please just email support@monzo.com from your account-registered email address.

They can disable Touch ID remotely.

That’s all you need to do, and then you can stop complaining about it.

6 Likes

I suspect they are being moved rather than deleted

2 Likes