A £9000 direct debit 😱

A nice normal day for me… working away… when suddenly my phone vibrates…

WTF???

I check the app…

My direct debit has increased 9900% ???

My first port of call was Monzo chat (yes I still have the button) to get them to stop the money being taken while I figure out where it has gone wrong. Is it Monzo, is it the supplier? But either way I can’t have £9k leaving my account!

Someone from Monzo called Gabby responded immediately and I didn’t even go through the urgent process where you tap into the transaction. Gabby and I exchanged messages which was like live chat, just like the old days of Monzo and within minutes she reassured me everything from their end would be done but I need to speak to Calor.

After being on hold to Calor for 39 minutes I finally got through to them and it was just a system error :relieved:

So I just wanted to share my nice customer service story (while laughing at the situation because I can now :sweat_smile:) because as people keep saying there aren’t enough :slight_smile:

58 Likes

I know there’s been a few cold spells this summer, but crikey…

8 Likes

I guess obviously an error but yikes that’s a scary notification! :no_mouth:

Glad it got sorted quickly for you!

Ah so it was you fueling the Olympic flame then!

6 Likes

Now imagine you were with another bank and not having that notification!

11 Likes

My smart meter spiked at £99999 for gas the other day for about an hour and then reverted back to the actual usage. Freaked me out!

6 Likes

Immediate question is how warm is @Ordog’s house? :eyes: :fire:

16 Likes

Cooking with gas!
:fire:

6 Likes

So Monzo didn’t stole your money? I don’t understand this forum anymore :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

I thought Calor gas came in orange bottles?

Nah, you can get a tank in the garden if you’re off the mains

At least if the money did attempt to be collected, you’re covered by the DD guarantee scheme. Might be a bit of stress at the time, but then it gets sorted.

Big tank then?

I think ours is a few thousand litres

2 Likes

Yeah big tank. Ours is LPG and it’s buried in our garden, others are not so fortunate and have them visible. Ours used to be at the end of the driveway until we paid a small fortune to hide it underground.

A tanker comes with a huge hose and fills it every few month.

They look like this…

3 Likes

That tank needs a shrubbery

4 Likes

I want to fire an RPG at it.

Soz Rudedog.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hahaha it was scary having it exposed. It felt like a ticking time bomb that any bump or leak could cause it to explode and wipe out my house.

Now it’s underground I feel more more at ease. It would be kind of like this…

4 Likes

Poor doggos

1 Like