4 years spent waiting for app to load

Is it possible that the throttling that Apple put into effect is affecting the Monzo app?

I turned it off on my 6S. I’ll just take the hit on battery health since I’m only a few months away from upgrading it anyway.

1 Like

hmm interesting. I’ve got like 30gb spare so think its ok on that front, think its just a bit of an old, ropey phone now!

1 Like

Ah I’ll look into that, could be. Think its nearly time for me to upgrade too!

Maybe! My phone is nearly two years old now so I’m hankering after a new one… but the worst speeds I’ve got was definitely when I had only about 12GB or so free space left. It took about 6-7 seconds.

which got this reply from Rika -

1 Like

I suggest not killing the app, there’s no point in doing this on iOS

1 Like

… other than coping with the urge caused by OCD. I kill my all apps everyday even though I am aware it doesn’t do anything useful speed-wise :smiley:

1 Like

Fair enough. I think it’s known to slow down your phone but each to their own :slight_smile:

2 Likes

3 seconds after I killed the app or if it not been open for a while. Using the samsung galaxy note 8

I do have a good 5 second wait if the app wasn’t loaded, but I am on an iPhone SE so that’s not unexpected.

You should try a similar priced android phone, far superior :wink:

2 years of transactions on my account, takes under 4 seconds from completely closed. Less than a second otherwise

1 Like

Just as a heads up if you didn’t already know… Apple are replacing batteries on that handset (among others) for £25 up until 31/12/2018. It may be worth doing this if you plan to keep the handset.

That new battery, along with iOS 12 and it will be like having the latest handset from Apple.

3 Likes

Yup!

1 Like

For me it seems less than a second if launching from background. 1-2 seconds if launching following forced quit.

Transactions go back about 1.5 years.
iOS 11.4, iPhone 6S.

Quick here on iOS 12 with iPhone X

Great tip thanks!

Update: I have tried re-installing Monzo app, clearing iPhone ram and killing all other apps and…it loads now in about 8-9 seconds from cold start or 2 seconds if already opened. So a little better but still not great

Sounds like it is down to my phone though not Monzo - my battery is crap perhaps, or maybe just time for an upgrade!

If you go to Settings->Battery->Battery Health and Maximum Capiticy is under 80%, your battery is classed as consumed and you’ll see a decrease to performance. If it’s close to 80% I highly recommend replacing your battery whilst it’s cheap.

4 Likes

I second this!

£25 to replace a battery from Apple