2 "round-up" saving pots: one for joint account, one for personal account

Hello,

I have both a personal account and a joint account with my partner.

I would love to have:
-Transactions made from personal card->round up change goes into->personal saving pot

&

-Transactions made from joint account card-> round up change goes into → saving pot n.2

At the moment it’s not possible to have 2 saving pots. And it’s not possible to get the “round up” change for each card into a different pot.

Voted. I’m surprised this isn’t how it works now.

So if you spend on your personal card, with a round up, where does that go? And if you spend on a joint account card with a round up, where does that go? They both go into the same pot? In which account?

1 Like

Yup, one “issue” is that you can only have 1 'round-up" saving pot.
Which would make sense for 1 person: there would not be a way for the “card” to know which saving pot to use otherwise.

But this excludes anyone with a personal account+ a joint account to have separate “round up” saving pots (and then getting their cards to send the money to the 2 different saving pots)

o wait a sec… I can now enable round up on a second pot. Soz, last time I checked it was over 6 Months ago.

I’ll test it out then :smiley:

1 Like

So I do this now. Our joint account rounds up into a joint pot. And my personal account rounds up to a personal pot (also at a different rate based on plus).

So I’m pretty confident that this functionality already exists.

Are you sure? I’ve had this for a few years now :confused:

On our joint account we have a roundup pot for our newborn. On my personal account the roundup pot is my savings pot and it is multiplied because I have Monzo Plus.

1 Like

On second thoughts, where I think the confusion may be…

Make sure you create a joint account pot and not one for your personal account. There are two very similar looking links for creating pots, one is further down the list of options compared to the other.

Hi @Monzoon @ welcome :wave:

It works:

• You can create a pot in your Personal account and set it as a Savings pot with ‘Round up transactions’ activated - every time you spend using your Personal card, the Round up ‘change’ gets placed in this Personal account pot

• You can create a pot in your Joint account and set it as a Savings pot with ‘Round up transactions’ activated - every time you spend using your card or your Joint account partner spends using their card, the Round up ‘change’ gets placed in this Joint Account pot

2 Likes