2 payments taken from account

Hi. Wondering if someone can help. I can’t find in app chat and have read through previous post how to find it but had no luck.
I ordered shopping online and instantly they took a payment. The shopping was delivered and the following day they took another payment for slightly less amount.
It turns out that the 1st payment is floating around as the merchant hasn’t collected it. Its saying it will be back in my account in 24 days. Is there any way I can get this in my account sooner? The merchant has their payment so they won’t be back to collect the 1st one.
Single parent and can’t really afford to wait all that time to get the money back

1 Like

Hi Arrianne & welcome :wave:

Details to access in-app chat (if you don’t have the obvious chat button at the bottom of the ‘Help’ display) can be seen here;

Good luck! :crossed_fingers:

Hi thank you. Tried all that and couldn’t get it. Ended up going into bank statements and it had a bit there contact us. Have messaged now so will see what’s said. Thank you

1 Like

When your query is about a specific transaction, it’s usually best to tap that transaction on your feed, scroll to the bottom of the transaction details and there should be a “something wrong? Get help” option. Going through this route gives customer support some more details about the transaction in question and should take you to the correct team more quickly if you get to chat after going through the self service help there.

But I’m glad you’ve found a way to contact Monzo now, good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As above :point_up:

This is one of the reasons why they don’t allow you to go direct to chat anymore. They can help you quicker if they have all the information to hand from the outset.

1 Like

Hi

When I tap on the specific transaction it just goes into say merchant hasn’t collected payment and gives me an option to click wait 24 days for the reverse payment or report as fraud. No option for me to click chat with someone. Hopefully I’ve gave enough details for the person to help thank you

‘Question this payment’ is the one you want as detailed in the copy above the button.

All the detail, like the transaction ID and so on are then passed straight through to the appropriate department. Whereas you’ll probably have a longer wait as you’ll need to be passed over manually when someone picks up your message to then queue again - this is providing you’ve given them everything they need.

Edit In fact I think you can dispute it in app without needing to talk to anyone. I obviously don’t want to proceed any further…

I think this might be another thing where different users see different things. When I go through the dispute flow, I just get to a dead end telling me to wait for the pending transaction to clear itself.

I think that depends on the transaction etc, and other metrics… maybe one for @Rika

Hm, I don’t think you should get dead-ended for a pre-authorization (those held for 30 days instead of 7 days).

I’ll raise this internally, but for now you can find one of the “Contacting Support” articles in the help tab and talk to in-app chat support to get this resolved. :+1:

Hi

Thanks everyone. Got chat open. I’ve been waiting for someone to chat to since 7.30 this morning… Still no one has text.