Your Monzo Completionist

I’m not sure I agree with this being the case. Personally I’m really not bothered about a badge on my profile but to your average user if you’ve gone into your Monzo app, hit switch and then gone through the process to complete a partial switch you’d expect the ‘Start a Current Account Switch’ box to be ticked would you not?

1 Like

I have the same thing, plus “Pay in your salary”. Going to finish both in two or three months, when I start my first job and my First Direct account hits 6 months, so I can switch it. I don’t want to switch my current main account because it’s a student one.

I gave in. Sent a penny to a friend, then…

Finally did mine !

They should make a new Custom app icon for Full monzo lol :joy:

8 Likes

I got my salary paid in via BACS today but didn’t get the badge! :cold_sweat:

I also didn’t get a notification of pending/incoming payment so not quite sure what’s gone on with that. Hoping I’ll still be able to complete the section one way or another. :eyes:

1 Like

Still no completion of the Full Monzo section. :frowning:

My salary is definitely paid via BACS (checked my payslip) so I don’t know what’s stopping me from getting the badge (or payment notifications for that matter). 🤷

Have you followed the steps below from the help article?

I didn’t have to do any of that. First pay I just got a pay day notification and left it as calendar month instead of setting a pay date in app

Worth a try though, or perhaps her pay is less than £200? :man_shrugging:

I’m not sure i’ve had the it’s pay day notification since my first pay actually. The first was double pay because of working the month in hand so was over £1000. Since then it’s been under and I don’t think I’ve seen a celebratory message. Will double check this month

2 Likes

I can never achieve full Monzo as I’m self employed, no salary to BACS myself :sob:

2 Likes

Thanks, I did have the payday date set up, but I’ve just tried setting it from the transaction to see if that works for next time. Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

And yes, definitely more than £200 and definitely BACS!

Hopefully it works :crossed_fingers: Let us know so we can learn from it.

1 Like

As step 1, they’re planning on integrating it more with Monzo Points. So hopefully the more you commit to Monzo the more points you’ll earn to spend on free rewards and such :sunglasses:

The current account switch is the last thing left to cross off my list. I’m already “full Monzo” but didn’t use the switching service, so thought I’d try it on my N26 account just to complete the list.

Alas, they don’t support CASS. Back to the drawing board… :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Badges are cool! :smiley: Kinda like and achievement in a game for those gamers out there.

This is what me and my partner did. I don’t think it’s cheating, it’s testing out the function. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smile:

1 Like

I wonder what triggers it, I’m not an expert in banking.
Maybe you have a friend with a business bank account who could BACS you 1p which would look like a salary payment?

I didn’t have it and had switched manually, I “started a switch” from my metro bank (wanted to close it anyway and nothing going in and out of it) but it asks for card details I think (which I got wrong as I have no idea where the card is), so I got the tick for starting one but the switch didn’t go through/ got rejected because I got the details wrong. So now all ticked without actually having completed one…

4 Likes

Didn’t work this month either.

Got paid today, didn’t show as greyed out/pending beforehand, no completion in the Your Monzo section. :disappointed:

It’s as if Monzo just isn’t recognising my salary for some reason, but it fits all the requirements so I have no idea why! The badge will never be mine. :sweat_smile: