Working from Home

We demand photos (unless I missed a link of what you bought?)

1 Like

Ohhh they’re coming :laughing: … I’ve not posted any pictures yet because it will be a good chance to route all my cables properly and tie them together. So I want it to be neat and tidy first.

I’m going to love it just as much as I’ll hate untangling them all!

Only the finest shagpile will do

Definitely! I want to lie on it in suggestive poses to make Teams calls more interesting :laughing:

3 Likes

Career on Only Fans imminent :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

6 Likes
3 Likes

Fancied upgrading my speakers and managed to get these for a decent price. Being able to enjoy music properly whilst working has to be right up there as one of the best WFH benefits.

1 Like

I can relate! All our senior senior managers have moved miles away and won’t come in but they are starting to discuss everyone else going back one day a week.

The chances of my seeing a pertinent colleague on that one day are slim to none. Even my boss lives over 300 miles from the office and won’t ever come in.

So I’ve requested permanent WFH.

2 Likes

This completely hits the nail on the head. All I’d be doing in the office is sitting on exactly the same Teams calls I’d be sitting on at home, maybe sitting next to one other person on the same call.

Complete waste of time.

3 Likes

Sadly I think the solution to this for many non-techy, young person-led companies will be to get more people back for more of the week

I really don’t think age will come into this, rather how “trusting” the employer is of their employee’s being at home, and how it works for them

5 Likes

Reading that article, I get the feeling it’s more related to poor management, rather than actually directly related to being in the office. Any decent manager will make sure their team is in the office on similar days and is actually benefitting from being in the office.

For anyone that likes stats, I find this pretty geeky live Tube usage chart quite interesting. You can see how far behind pre-pandemic demand for Tube and Buses are in London still.

4 Likes

Law firm says staff can work from home - for 20% less pay Law firm says staff can work from home - for 20% less pay - BBC News

I’d take it

I personally wouldn’t. The poll on the Times is currently split 71% to 29%.

I would take a pay cut to have the security to WFH full time. For example they could keep their London weighting as it all goes on commuting costs anyway.

Depends. I don’t think a London weighting should apply if you’re not required to actually live or commute into London. And it’s not like they’re on minimum wage

I currently WFH permanently but would like a Hybrid option so I can mingle in the office that doesn’t exist :frowning_face:

1 Like

20% less pay is a way over the top pay cut… but a bit due to lower fuel/travel costs I’d be able to bear.

TBH if my pay was cut 20% I’d go on a 4 day week…

3 Likes