Wiki: Current Account Switching Incentives šŸ’ø

Lloyds is ok, I find the notifications are at times delayed, and the app a little slow. Virgins app no better tbh but Lloyds do have spend notifications and direct debit notifications.

2 Likes

Revolut offering Ā£50 for every friend referred.

2 Likes

Itā€™s only one sided though, Ā£50 for the refer, the new customers needs to spend Ā£5 on a card and make 3* transactions of Ā£5 each.

So even if you split it they gain Ā£5, or Ā£20 if theyā€™re buying stuff they would be anyway.

Would be great if it was Ā£50 each.

1 Like

What happens with payments that go to closed accounts that are Daisy chained along?

Moneybox is set up with my old co-op account. Iā€™m not sure where I moved that to and if I moved it along again or not, probably did.

I know money will move to the new account but will it move to the new new?

Yes itā€™ll move through every chain in a CASS sequence.

Or you could just change the account in Moneybox?

It doesnā€™t seem to be that easy. Lemme take one for the team and find out.

I think I switched to Lloyds and Halifax in the summer of 2020 - have I now waited my time!?

1 Like

I applied yesterday and havenā€™t heard anything since not even an email

Iā€™m finally set up with everything ā€¦ never got my PIN or l activation code for online banking but a quick call with them and they got me set up.

My switch should be complete today, now they just need to pay up :grimacing:

1 Like

Not a switching incentive, especially for the switcher.

Iā€™ve always just covered the other persons Ā£5 and lost out a bit - itā€™s a volume game. I ended up Ā£300 up.

1 Like

Applied for the Lloyds Club account for the Ā£150 switch and 1 year Disney+ benefit :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Happy to confirm Jamie was right.

Moneybox > Co-op > Santander > Lloyds :+1:

2 Likes

Does anyone have the Lloyds switch t&cs

Yes, the Lloyds website

3 Likes

Tried clicking on your message it doesnā€™t work!

1 Like

Here you go:

To qualify for the Ā£150 switching offer (ā€œthe offerā€) you must switch to a new Club Lloyds Account, a Club Lloyds Platinum Account or a Club Lloyds Silver Account using the ā€˜Current Account Switch Serviceā€™ to switch from a bank account held with another bank. The following conditions apply:

• Use the ā€˜Current Account Switch Serviceā€™ to transfer all the active credits and debits from the bank account that you hold with another bank to a new Club Lloyds Account (Ā£3 monthly maintaining the account fees apply), a new Club Lloyds Platinum Account (Ā£21 and Ā£3 monthly maintaining the account fees apply) or a new Club Lloyds Silver Account (Ā£10 and Ā£3 monthly maintaining the account fees apply) (ā€˜Qualifying Accountā€™). The ā€˜Current Account Switch Serviceā€™ will close your old account with the other bank; and
  • start your switch from your old bank account using the ā€˜Current Account Switch Serviceā€™ to a Club Lloyds Account, a Club Lloyds Platinum Account or a Club Lloyds Silver Account between the 09/05/2023 and the 17/07/2023.

You are not eligible for the offer if:

• You switch to any account other than Club Lloyds Account, a Club Lloyds Platinum Account, or a Club Lloyds Silver Account.
  • You switch to any existing Lloyds account. You change your existing Lloyds Current Account to a Club Lloyds Account, Club Lloyds Silver or Club Lloyds Platinum Account and switch to that account
  • Youā€™ve received a switching offer since April 2020 for switching to any Lloyds or Halifax Bank account
  • You are switching to a joint account and one of the parties to the joint account has already received a switching offer since April 2020.
  • The bank you are switching from does not participate in the ā€˜Current Account Switch Serviceā€™. To find out more visit www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk
  • You are an employee of Lloyds Banking Group, or if an employee is named on any bank account held in joint names
  1. The offer applies to applications received in branch, online or by phone from the 09/05/2023 and the 17/07/2023. The offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice at any time.
  2. The offer does not automatically guarantee an arranged overdraft and any application for an arranged overdraft facility will be subject to status. If your Qualifying Account has an arranged overdraft, you will not pay any daily arranged overdraft interest for 3 months provided you stay within your arranged overdraft limit and do not increase or otherwise alter the arranged overdraft limit agreed.
  3. After 3 months, or if you change your account, you will be charged daily arranged overdraft interest applicable to the account you hold if you use your arranged overdraft. Please see the Bank accounts and switching to us leaflet for full details on arranged overdraft interest. You will have been given this when you opened your account, but if you would like another one, please ask in branch or look at https://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts
  4. Only one offer is available per customer. Joint accounts will only be eligible for one payment.
  5. The offer will be paid directly into your account within 3 working days of your switch completing and will appear as a cash credit.

Itā€™s on this page, in the small print drop down if you scroll down:

3 Likes

Thanks to this thread Iā€™ve just collected by Ā£200 from NatWest and now in the process of switching to Lloyds. Easiest Ā£200 Iā€™ve ever made.

3 Likes

@Will1 If youā€™ve got Ā£200 from NatWest youā€™ll be able to get another Ā£200 from RBS and another Ā£200 from Ulster

Ā£200 NatWest
Ā£200 RBS
Ā£200 Ulster
Ā£200 HSBC
Ā£150 Lloyds

Almost 1k up for grabs atm

RBS is the same as NatWest application. Easy peasy.

Ulster is a case of you apply online using a form that looks like its from 2006, pick any branch as your nearest from a postcode like in Belfast, get sent in the post the information you entered to sign and send back in the supplied freepost envelope.

Forgot the ID part you donā€™t need to supply it in the envelope or show in branch. (Worryingly you can effectively open an account in anyoneā€™s name if you know where they live. :neutral_face:)

Youā€™ll then get post to say congrats with card and then that your switch will be completing on x date. This ignores any date you gave in the application form, just the quickest date possible.

3 Likes

Just received my Ā£200 HSBC switch offer.

My switch completed on May 2.

2 Likes