Wiki: Current Account Switching Incentives 💸

Nearly £2k vs a few points off my made up score.

Tough choice!

4 Likes

Mine is already littered with shit so it doesn’t matter.

7 Likes

I’ve not been keeping up with this topic but the below is amazing!!

I need to find some time to map all of this out and get started with any that are still going :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Saw this on Reddit and thought of the lovely people in this place

Though I think it’s a little late for most of us

5 Likes

Downloaded it to be nosey. Looks quite good!

The tips part here is interesting. I’ve kept my Ulster/TSB accounts so I might move one to HSBC and see how it goes. Worth a try :man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

So after applying for HSBC a week ago, and hearing nothing back since. I contacted them, yes… you got accepted on Tuesday. We’ve sent out a letter.

Why’s it so hard to tell me that via Email or text :joy:

1 Like

Is there ever any offers for just opening an account and meeting a requirement rather than switching? I’ve noticed banks only do switching offers rather than new customer offers

1 Like

Because HSBC. It’s par for the course for them. I only found my account had opened because it appeared in the app. Took about three weeks to get the welcome email - I’d been using the account daily in this time.

1 Like

HSBC told me straight away as soon as I’d submitted the application that I was successful and that my account was now open. I had to wait almost a week before I received the actual account details, though.

3 Likes

HSBC almost three days late in telling me my switch had completed. Timing all over the place

Gosh Ulster is slow :confused:

They reused to accept the first application I made as I signed the paper form in the wrong year (last year) then said they due to the length of time it took them to tell me, I need to apply again. Applied again, signed the form (correct year) and just had an email stating that my switch is on the way… I don’t even have any of my account details yet :scream:

They’ll come in before the switch completes.

As in you signed the form 2022 when you were in 2023?

Yeah :crazy_face:

1 Like

Anyone had the HSBC switch bribe yet?

As far as i can see its 20 days once eligible which should be by max 22nd May for me.

Not yet but every morning i log into the app just to check lol

2 Likes

Switch Bank Account To Us | UK Bank Accounts | Lloyds Bank

Lloyds are back with a switching offer.

2 Likes

£150.

Says in terms not eligible if had before April 2020 I think, but then references Lloyds or Halifax so maybe they will talk to eachother now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Probably shoudl ahve included that information! :joy: Think I might give the club lloyds a whirl. I think I could make use of a few free cinemas tickets… :joy:

1 Like

I do it every year, use the 6 free then downgrade til next year :joy:

1 Like

Hows the Lloyds App? I only briefly used lloyds back in the day and then the app was about average for a traditional bank. I’m thinking of burning my unused Virgin account now that the savings rates have been surpassed by other banks.