Wiki: Current Account Switching Incentives šŸ’ø

I think fd mortgages are only available to current account holders, so there might be an issue switching out if you have a mortgage?

Nope! I have a mortgage with FD (from this July) & Iā€™ve never had a current account with FD.

I was wondering whether this could cause an issue opening an FD or HSBC account to take the bonus - but Iā€™m not sureā€¦

Guess Iā€™ll ask them.

2 Likes

Just seeing where this rumour can from? I have a HSBC mortgage, the previous pre 2019 I got Ā£150 in a switch.

I hope they keep the offer open until at least the 16th Dec, if itā€™s still on Iā€™ll do that instead of Co-op.

I wonder if they going to have on their records that I was with them for about six days :joy: hopefully thatā€™s not taken into account on the application check

Is that because of an existing or planned mortgage application?

Iā€™m so tempted by the Ā£150 from Lloyds but Iā€™m also about to apply for a new mortgage

Errr - murmurings on MSE or r/beermoney - one of the two. Possibly BS. Iā€™ll go to the horses mouth.

Yes I hope you get round to that Coop switch :wink:

1 Like

For those that have switched to First Direct, how long did it take for them to pay out the incentive? Was it 28 days as they specify, or before/after that?

Mine took 6 days from switch confirmed to payment.

1 Like

Ulster finally completed my switch today. Initiated whilst the promotion was running, but they delayed it for a couple of weeks for verification, but didnā€™t contact me.

Iā€™ve met the criteria. Just need to make sure it pays out. Canā€™t find a link to the original Ts&Cs which is pretty bad.

1 Like

Itā€™s been 2 weeks tomorrow since I got the letter saying my switch had finished, still no payout.

Ok thanks. That helps manage my expectations!

I was tempted but heard they are very picky with this account, and I donā€™t need a Ā£1k overdraft either mind.

I canā€™t see overdraft aside from the benefits are (after Ā£200): it mentions discounts at retailers and such but from looking online it seems the account is really not anything special

You donā€™t have to take the overdraft, but you need to get accepted for one to get the account. Itā€™s a decent account, nothing special, and if anything it gives access to the global money account.

Also one of the few accounts with decent notifications for all money in/out which actually have an alert sound and are timely.

HSBC standard account also gives access to the global.

1 Like

About 7-10 days after the switch date

Mistake No1.

24 days later and I have absolutely no idea whatā€™s going on with my application. They sent me a letter to sign so they had my signature which Iā€™ve returned, but after thatā€¦ Nada!

1 Like

:warning: Oh and a reminder that the really-easy Lloyds offer ends today!

3 Likes

Letter from Natwest today, my application includes details of my new address and phone number. (Spoiler: itā€™s not new)

I have 28 days to update them, starting 20th October, so very little time! They tell me to talk to their online robot and given me the phrase that doesnā€™t help and the robot tells me to do what I canā€™t.

Iā€™m giving up.

3 Likes

I received another card reader out of the blue from RBS today. Iā€™m not even using the first one they sent thanks to the appā€™s biometric approval.

1 Like

Nationwide set up and had a few texts to say account all ready, switch going through and will be done by 12pm next Friday.

Iā€™ve tried to set up online/app banking but it says to ā€œtry again in a few daysā€ but no urgent rush, I only want it to see when they pay up the Ā£200.

After that it looks like Iā€™ll be off to co-operative as Iā€™ll have missed the others!