Wiki: Current Account Switching Incentives 💸

For me, they needed me to confirm the last four digits of my card number, in order for me to give my permission to carry out the switch.

But I didn’t know this until I began to engage with the chat. I engaged in a secure way (through the app, not via the URL) but the point is texting out a random link is rubbish security.

1 Like

No idea where my NatWest switch is at, if they’ve got my application proof or anything.

Great service.

1 Like

I see The Co-operative Bank has added a referral incentive, so have added that to the wiki.

2 Likes

Anyone with coop to refer?

Is there a limit to how many times you can refer?

My understanding is that only one ÂŁ125 can be earnt on the original account but each friend referred gets ÂŁ125

No limit!

1 Like

Ideally then if there’s a chain of referral and referee then that’s £250?

Once for being invited and another for inviting?

Both parties will get the ÂŁ125

I will if it’s still available on the 16th December when hopefully TSB payout :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Something corrupted in my earlier message.

So - I’ve done the process 4 times once being referred 3 times referring others

They’ve lifted the 5 person limit for the person referring to get the money - but it’s always been unlimited for the person being referred.

Dm if interested.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Forum Christmas party on @Rexx :tada:

5 Likes

Those ones were the ÂŁ50 referral!

But roll up roll up let’s do some more :star_struck:

1 Like

:warning: :warning: Natwest ends today. You have until 17:00

For those that have gone through the Natwest process, how/when do they notify you? I ended up doing my ID in a branch last Thurs, I got another email from them on Friday about doing it online, but obviously they wouldn’t have got/processed my details by then.

Am I just going to have to wait and see if I get a letter through the snail mail?

2 Likes

They’ve been texting me with regular updates

2 Likes

Thank you!

The ones further up, how long after you did the doc upload did you start to get messages?

Although thinking about it, the whole reason I didn’t get the docs upload part is because I think I got my mobile number wrong on the application, so I probably won’t get any text updates at any point :smiley:

1 Like

I initiated a switch into Ulster (part of NatWest) the day before that bank’s deadline. Heard nothing for two weeks before suddenly getting that random phishing–esque text asking me to make contact to clarify once piece of info.

Having done that (through the app to be secure) I received a text the next day saying the switch is initiated.

I’ll be making sure they pay the incentive, as the delay was on their part.

1 Like

Letter from Natwest and I needed to sign a box :roll_eyes:

Maybe because I did part online and part in branch, there is there requirement for a signature?

Not sure. But anyway, looks like they’ve at least got my application from the branch.

Any referral links for the coop switch?

Also, any terms of the switch (CBA to scroll) :joy:

Just read the terms of it, just need account number and sort code, along with full name of the referrer.

1 Like

:eyes: ÂŁ200 bribe at HSBC atm

2 Likes

You will not qualify for the offer if:

• you’ve had an HSBC current account since 1 January 2019
  • you’ve opened a first direct current account since 1 January 2019

Sadface.

1 Like

I’ve heard rumours about having a mortgage with HSBC/FD causing issues with switch bonuses, are these substantiated?