On the payments screen the Monzo app has some lovely little icons showing which bank the account details are related to… Except when they don’t.
Let’s use this wiki to crowdsource the banks that we are missing / that are there.
- Bank of Ireland (UK) (sort code: 90-20-71)
- Coventry Building Society (sort code: 40-63-88)
- Danske Bank (sort code range: 95-04-01 to xx-xx-xx)
- Dozens (sort code: 04-00-72)
- First Direct (sort code range: 40-47-58 to 40-47-87)
- M&S Bank (sort code range: 40-12-54 to 40-12-57)
- Marcus (sort code: 40-64-37)
- MBNA (sort code: 77-29-00)
This sort code marked as MBNA here is actually a Lloyds Bank sort code and shared with Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland & MBNA for credit card payments
- Nottingham Building Society (sort code: 60-95-93)
- NS&I (sort code: 08-31-05)
- Post Office Money Savings (sort code: 90-78-68)
- Revolut (sort code: 04-00-75)
- Smile (sort code: 08-92-86)
- Triodos (sort code: 16-58-10)
- Virgin Money (sort code: 08-60-64)
- Ulster Bank (sort code: 98-00-60)
- Unity Trust Bank (sort code: 60-83-01)
- Wirex (sort code: 60-83-84)
Unsure if working
- Allied Irish Bank
- Clydesdale Bank
- Bank of Scotland
- The Co-operative Bank
- Coventry Building Society (sort code: 40-63-01)
Only one sort code confirmed as working so far for Coventry Building Society
- Lloyds Bank
- Metro Bank
- National Westminster Bank (NatWest)
- Nationwide Building Society
- Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)
Only one sort code confirmed as working so far for Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)
- Starling Bank
- Tesco Bank
- Yorkshire Bank
Any chance that Monzo might add some of the missing bank account logos for the payments screen?
This was mentioned when they ‘redesigned’ the payee management just before Xmas. Monzo were aware that some logos are missing from the likes of Marcus etc. This is evident from the tread related to payee management.
Unfortunately, the payee management isn’t 100% completed, so fingers crossed this is resolved when it gets looked at again.
Any chance of someone adding some of these missing bank account logos on the backend?
Maybe coral crew could turn this thread into a wiki so we cam provide a list of what ones are missing?
So far there’s 2 been mentioned on this thread, are there more?
Well ill cover the northern irish ones anyway:
- Ulster Bank
- Danske Bank
- Bank of Ireland
Is there a process to submit logos which are missing on valid sort codes?
In personal experience, Marcus and Dozens are both missing an icon
Wirex is missing too 608384 - sort code
That looks like a Debit Card transaction rather than a Bank Transfer?
Thanks for the link @awjdean
@glasgow just tidying things up
I don’t miss doing that job
It does look like a card transaction
My bank payment to Dozens has no icon and my personal set of payees looks like:
Just bouncing this topic #sorrynotsorry, as whilst testing the “pay merged accounts” functionality I realised my Marcus and N26 (RIP ) accounts were still not showing an icon. Tsk.
@arthur-ceccotti perhaps you could be the chosen one to dedicate a monzo time to adding some more entries to the database for us on this
Pretty pretty please
The logos are nice, but Monzo’s whole payee details system is in major need of a revamp. I think they could learn a great deal from Starling’s payee management UX, as this thread illustrates.
Does it still show the generic HSBC logo for a first direct sort code?