Why the slowdown in the Current Account Roll Out?

Damn. Really slowed down then.

2,374 now :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Well done guys slow roll out and nicely done.

Got my card and activated the current account yesterday. Added some money and will probably test it on Monday.

1 Like

Up to 2,510 :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Best of luck :slight_smile: The speed does seem to have increased over the last few days (there are some graphs somewhere) so fingers crossed

2 Likes

Random question for those in the know…

So with the prepaid, would I be right in saying that the cards are or were sent out by Monzo themselves? Whereas the current account cards are sent out by an external producer (kind of dropshipping).

So at the moment there are ~400,000 prepaid cards and ~30k in the queue and at some point they are going to want to move over to the new current account when it goes full.

Question is this, do we know if it will be a phased move over or does their contract with the producer have the capacity to make such a move if everyone (or a large proportion) said yes on the same day and do we know what form the overlap between the two accounts being public is going to take? Otherwise waiting weeks for a card once ordered could be detrimental to the brand.

I would assume currents account going live would mean the prepaid product ceases to be sent out then there will be a run-down of the prepaid culminating in a switch off but do we know how long these overlaps and run-down periods will be? Obviously there should be enough time for people to have the opportunity to switch comfortably and to get the word out there that it’s happening.

:rotating_light: New update from Tristan :rotating_light:

Edit

:eyes:

https://twitter.com/trstnthms/status/907294803590868992

5 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :+1:

1 Like

Just got my invite, set up the app and Account and waiting for my card, very smooth process.

3 Likes

I just got my invite does a little dance

1 Like

Oh WOOO. Got mine, all installed and HYPE.

Thanks Monzo crew

1 Like

3k people on the current account now :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s ticking nicely wonder who’s this 3300th :thinking:Screenshot_20170913-212001_01

2 Likes

Hmm this is weird Monzo CA live counter is going back now.
It was 3300 last night but just opened phone browser and because this was last page I had visited it refreshed and now stands at less than 3000 Screenshot_20170914-061220

https://monzo.com/current-account/live/

1 Like

It’s normal, Live Current Account Rollout Counter

Usually corrects itself by around 8am

2 Likes

There was a comment by Monzo in another thread that overnight maintenance of some sort changes the counter and as @ylt states, usually corrects itself by the morning. They did state they would freeze the counter overnight so it wouldn’t go backwards.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Card Delivery Time

Not that I watched it all night but it take a drastic dip (500+) and then crept back up by a few 100s.
I initially thought my page hadn’t updated so kept refreshing. Even used a PC to check.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.