Where has the chat feature gone for the help section?

Of course and people do get the help here. Much quicker than they would on the chat!

It’s not really about being ‘apt’ at using the app. I’m often the tech-support-son, but you don’t need to know how to code, or how the company was formed, you just need to type what you want help with.

This is the prime example;

I can see why people find that confusing though - the article for that says, “It works because you get paid on day 2 of the Bacs cycle instead of day 3 as normal”,

And just generally a lot of words to say “The working day before it’s due” - in fact it doesn’t even say working / business day, just “day 2 the bacs cycle” and “4pm the day before”,

So I can at least see why people get confused for weekends and bank holidays.

The help article for this assumes that, a) you know what a Bacs payment is, b) you know you get paid through Bacs, c) you understand what the Bacs cycle is for a day 2/3 credit. Personally I reckon that is why people get stuck over that.

What this article should do, is say that most salaries are paid through bacs, reference “working day”, and give an example.

(Edit: Admittedly the linked post isn’t a bank hol / weekend Q, but I can at least appreciate why the article doesn’t answer all peoples questions)

2 Likes

I keep using the example of a person (not mentioning names) who wanted to contact Monzo to find out why their payment had declined despite it saying the exact reason in their screenshot that they posted :see_no_evil:

I had to get in touch with them for the first time in years the other day and was surprised to see this.

They’ve taken it one step further than Monzo because instead of returning a list of results it forces you through a flow of , “did this work”, “how about this” and loads of other questions until it actually gives you options to get in touch. Even then, depending on what it is you don’t always see the live chat or phone number - sometimes it sent me to their community or Facebook messenger.

2 Likes

This is true, but speaking for myself, I’m less inclined to do so now that I’ve seen that Monzo directs some people here as the first point of contact.

I absolutely get that Monzo are trying to reduce the number of contacts customers have with the reduced COps team, but I resent being made an unpaid member of that team. It’s extremely unprofessional in my view and potentially very damaging for Monzo.

5 Likes

Jumping on the Sky example again, they handle this with more forum meta on their community depending on how many solutions you provide etc. I believe some of the higher levels come with perks.

Funnily enough, I considered this sort of thing after I made my post.

Monzo could offer some perks for positive contributions. Branded t-shirts, maybe?

Or condoms. “There’s no hot coral action for you until you answer another 10 enquires, matey?”

1 Like

Only if they glow in the dark :wink:

2 Likes

That article containing the forum link shouldn’t even be there, it’s an old one about pre-paid migration :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Uh oh, I’m getting Plus flashbacks :speak_no_evil: :laughing:

2 Likes

What I can say is that I’ve really enjoyed reading all of the really thoughtful commentary and contribution on here, and you can only help that Monzo does really consider what goes on in here in their product design decisions!

Thank you all !

1 Like

Still waiting for my swag!

1 Like

I got mine after I cancelled and got a refund :open_mouth:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.